Lube headlight motors in 63?

Old November 21st 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Default Lube headlight motors in 63?

Is there a way to lube the headlight motor bearings? It has been garaged for
over 20 years and I don't want to damage them when opening for first time. I
know they have a manual knob and they both worked correctly when put away.
Any tips before rolling up? Thanx- lib

Old November 22nd 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

"lib" > wrote:

>Is there a way to lube the headlight motor bearings? It has been garaged for
>over 20 years and I don't want to damage them when opening for first time. I
>know they have a manual knob and they both worked correctly when put away.
>Any tips before rolling up? Thanx- lib

In order to lube them, you have to remove them from the car and totally
dissassemble them. The best thing to do is just reach in between the hood and
the nose panel and turn the wheel on each one until they start to open. You can
then safely attempt to open them electrically.

Good luck,

RON 67 435 HP CONV

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.