Are they kidding?

Old May 28th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
skip

Default Are they kidding?

MY son just got a note from Volkswagon. The oil changes are now every 5000
miles or 3 months. This has to be a joke
Old May 29th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

what year, and what engine?

Old May 29th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
skip

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in
:

> what year, and what engine?

The new 5 cyl rAbbit and jetta. For the first time in my life I am going
Japanese. BY dear old Volkswagon
Old May 29th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Brian Running[_1_]

> The new 5 cyl rAbbit and jetta. For the first time in my life I am going
> Japanese. BY dear old Volkswagon

Simply on the basis of oil change intervals? 5000 miles? Seems like
you're the one that's got to be kidding.
Old May 29th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
skip

Brian Running > wrote in
:

>> The new 5 cyl rAbbit and jetta. For the first time in my life I am
>> going Japanese. BY dear old Volkswagon

> Simply on the basis of oil change intervals? 5000 miles? Seems like
> you're the one that's got to be kidding.

The 3 months for synthetic oil is kidding
Old May 30th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
mred

On May 29, 1:43 pm, skip > wrote:
> Brian Running > wrote et:
>
> >> The new 5 cyl rAbbit and jetta. For the first time in my life I am
> >> going Japanese. BY dear old Volkswagon

> > Simply on the basis ofoilchange intervals? 5000 miles? Seems like
> > you're the one that's got to be kidding.

> The 3 months for syntheticoilis kidding

You`re right of course....Mobil 1 Yellow cap is gauranteed for 15,000
miles in any engine any driving conditions.(see label)

I use 5w 30 as recommended by Toyota.

I go up to Pickle Lake Ontario where winter temps go as low as -35*F
and have had no problem starting at all.

Mobil 1 does NOT even BEGIN to thicken until you reach -45*F. (Read
the label)

Of course I dont leave mine in that long . I change oil and filter
twice a year , just for peace of mind ....no problems yet 2002 Camry 4
cyl. 62000 miles (104,000 k)

Oil is cheap and good oil doesnt cost ? it PAYS.~!

Combination city and highway driving 60-40
Ed

Old May 30th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Good God. The last time I was in PL was when the OPP office burned
down.
I sure hope the roads have improved, and the salty chicken soup in
Ignace. Instant scurvy :-)
That was a road trip to remember.

Old May 30th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Brian Running[_1_]

>>> The new 5 cyl rAbbit and jetta. For the first time in my life I am
>>> going Japanese. BY dear old Volkswagon

>> Simply on the basis of oil change intervals? 5000 miles? Seems like
>> you're the one that's got to be kidding.
>>

> The 3 months for synthetic oil is kidding

What are the severe service intervals for the Japanese cars you're going
to buy? Are any of them 10,000 miles? Where do you draw the line
between acceptable and unacceptable intervals? 7500 miles? 6143 miles?
8429.375 miles? Why don't you just stick with whatever interval
you're using now? Has there been some problem?
Old May 30th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
skip

Brian Running > wrote in news:%Rf7i.8794$4Y.7482
@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

>>> Simply on the basis of oil change intervals? 5000 miles? Seems like
>>> you're the one that's got to be kidding.
>>>

>> The 3 months for synthetic oil is kidding

> What are the severe service intervals for the Japanese cars you're going
> to buy? Are any of them 10,000 miles? Where do you draw the line
> between acceptable and unacceptable intervals? 7500 miles? 6143 miles?
> 8429.375 miles? Why don't you just stick with whatever interval
> you're using now? Has there been some problem?

As long as the car remains under warentee I will continue at 10000 miles
which is reasonable for synthetic oil
Old May 30th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Brian Running[_1_]

> As long as the car remains under warentee I will continue at 10000 miles
> which is reasonable for synthetic oil

Okay -- so, with all due respect, what is the problem?