Import owners are to blame for the recession

Old December 7th 08, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Default Import owners are to blame for the recession

If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
from the Big Three and take our economy back.
Old December 7th 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Jeff[_45_]

On Dec 7, 1:01*pm, wrote:
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. *Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. *GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. *Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. *Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. *The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. *I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

Buying cars that don't meet our needs is not helping anyone.

Jeff
Old December 7th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Cathy F.[_6_]

> wrote in message
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy. The
American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become mired in
their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.

Cathy (aat)

Old December 7th 08, 06:43 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Mike Hunter[_2_]

I believe that is what most buyers believe they are doing, don't you? If
you suggest one buy the best, most economical, most intelligent buy, you
must mean buy from GM because more Americans buy their new vehicles from GM
than any other manufacturer

Old December 7th 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Mark A[_2_]

"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote in message
>I believe that is what most buyers believe they are doing, don't you? If
>you suggest one buy the best, most economical, most intelligent buy, you
>must mean buy from GM because more Americans buy their new vehicles from GM
>than any other manufacturer

Then there is no problem, right? No need for a bailout, right?

Old December 8th 08, 03:03 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

Well, Toyota now outsells GM worldwide, so where does that leave your
theory? Toyota is also outselling Ford in the US.

So where do you stand on the bailout, Mike? Are you in favor of the
Big Government solution of using tax dollars to create a corporate
welfare state? Or would you like to say goodbye to at least one or
two of your favorite car companies?

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:43:09 -0500, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com>
wrote:

>I believe that is what most buyers believe they are doing, don't you? If
>you suggest one buy the best, most economical, most intelligent buy, you
>must mean buy from GM because more Americans buy their new vehicles from GM
>than any other manufacturer

m...

Old December 21st 08, 12:16 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Gosi

On 7 Dec, 18:43, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
> I believe that is what most buyers believe they are doing, don't you? *If
> you suggest one buy the best, most economical, most intelligent buy, you

You are right.

That is what customers do they buy cars that have the best track
record and best quality and they do not want to be taken in the behind
by GM forever
Old December 7th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

"Cathy F." > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy. The
> American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become mired in
> their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>
> Cathy (aat)

On average Japanese cars cost more. If you remove the name plates from most
cars and just drive them most would be satisfied. Its just that so many
people take hype as gospel. I know one person who says she doesnt like to
even be seen in an American car, why I asked her, she gave a basic response
that they were junk. I asked her what she owned, oh but she never owned a
car at all, she was 19 or 20 or so. I asked what her parents had, she said
they have alway had toyotas, nissans or whatever, never American. So there
you go... the epitamy of ignorance abounds. I hope you are not caught up in
it. Its like rap music, the most F'ed up music ever, with no talent
performers spewing filthy lyrics with no melody and a violent beat, yet a
generation of people know it really sucks but they listen just to be
considered cool. Then they actually start to beleieve its good. Weak minds
make weak souls.

Old December 7th 08, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

"Marko" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Cathy F." > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

>> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy.
>> The American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become
>> mired in their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>>
>> Cathy (aat)
>>

> On average Japanese cars cost more.

Cost more to buy? Cost more to maintain?

I've had two American cars which threatened to cost me my job because my
boss got tired of the excuses for me being late or absent. Maybe that cost
should be factored in.

Old December 7th 08, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Cathy F.[_6_]

"Marko" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Cathy F." > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

>> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy.
>> The American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become
>> mired in their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>>
>> Cathy (aat)
>>

> On average Japanese cars cost more. If you remove the name plates from
> most cars and just drive them most would be satisfied. Its just that so
> many people take hype as gospel. I know one person who says she doesnt
> like to even be seen in an American car, why I asked her, she gave a basic
> response that they were junk. I asked her what she owned, oh but she never
> owned a car at all, she was 19 or 20 or so. I asked what her parents had,
> she said they have alway had toyotas, nissans or whatever, never American.
> So there you go... the epitamy of ignorance abounds. I hope you are not
> caught up in it. Its like rap music, the most F'ed up music ever, with no
> talent performers spewing filthy lyrics with no melody and a violent beat,
> yet a generation of people know it really sucks but they listen just to be
> considered cool. Then they actually start to beleieve its good. Weak minds
> make weak souls.

You're talking to someone who owned a '72 Duster, followed by a '76 Datsun
B-210, and then 4 Toyota Corollas, starting in '84 -> the present. The
writing was on the wall by the mid-70's, but Detroit turned a blind eye &
just kept cranking out large &/or not-all-that-reliable &/or poorly designed
models. At this point I have no plans to go back to an American name brand
car. Next one will likely be an other Toyota - maybe a Prius, although a
Honda would be just as wise of a purchase. Both comapnies produce well made,
economical, & as far as cars go, relatively good resale/trade-in values.

Cathy