###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY###

Old June 16th 18, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.misc

Default ###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY###

I had a 1995, 5 speed Mitsubishi eclipse I bought brand new. No problems until the odometer clicked over to 60,000 miles and then the timing belt broke as I was parking the car. The car literally wouldnt move, even if I put the car in neutral and tried to push it down the hill. The engine was completely seized up, it bent the valves, pistons were all screwed, everything was out of alignment. Cost to repair was 4,ooo to 5,000 dollars. Needless to say I called the bank and told them where the car was and to come and get it. Warranty didnt cover it because I didnt take the car to the dealership for regular maintenance though I did have regular maintenance done, such as oil changes, with certified mechanics. That was my 1st car I bought as a young adult and didnt know my warranty would be voided if I didnt take it to the dealership for regular maintenance and that is something they for sure dont tell you. I drove it in Georgia and Florida and never abused it. I took better care of that car than I have any other vehicle that I have owned since then. I say screw interference engines.