Alfa 156 brake lights

Old August 12th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Paul Woodsford[_1_]

Default Alfa 156 brake lights

"PeterMcC" > wrote in message
> Zathras wrote in
> >

> <snip>
>> The vast
>> majority of top posters appear to be newbies using blunt instrument
>> newsreaders like web based ones or Outlook Express. Regrettably, lazy
>> techniques like top posting and not snipping are common in Email but
>> newsgroup posts are not Emails.
>>
>> Sensibly snipping and inserting replies in the relevant part of a
>> post is, by far, my preference - then again, a good Newsreader will
>> make this trivial to compose and read.
>>
>> YMMV.
>>
>> (IIRC, it was Catman who weaned me off OE about 5 years ago - I
>> haven't looked back since.)

> As a halfway house to a complete recovery, or for those who simply can't
> give up OE, I'd recommend OE-QuoteFix. Free from:

> PeterMcC
> If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
> inappropriate or offensive in any way,
> please ignore it and accept my apologies.

I've always used OE, all you have to do is apply the specific Reg fix to
enable bottom posting. Doesn't need special software or a 3rd party program.
""""Replies to newsgroup messages are added to the top of your message, or
the signature is added under the reply text, or both
When you post a reply to a newsgroup message in Outlook Express, one or both
of the following conditions occur:• Your reply is automatically added to the
top of the newsgroup message.
• Your signature is added under your reply text.
To change this functionality after you install Microsoft Windows XP Service
Pack 2 (SP2), you must activate the hotfix that is included in Windows XP
SP2. To do this, follow these steps:

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft
cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry
Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.1. Quit Outlook
Express.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. To add your reply to the end of the newsgroup message, follow these
steps:a. Locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{999C2D60-D066-425C-8F75-FDE592BFCE2A}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0
b. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
c. Type Reply At End, and then press ENTER.
d. Right-click Reply At End, and then click Modify.
e. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

4. To add your signature to the end of the newsgroup message, follow these
steps:a. Locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{999C2D60-D066-425C-8F75-FDE592BFCE2A}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0\signatures\00000000
b. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
c. Type end, and then press ENTER.
d. Right-click end, and then click Modify.
e. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

5. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor. """
--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Old August 13th 06, 09:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
PeterMcC

Paul Woodsford wrote in

> [...]

\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express\5.0
> b. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
> c. Type Reply At End, and then press ENTER.
> d. Right-click Reply At End, and then click Modify.
> e. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
>
> 4. To add your signature to the end of the newsgroup message, follow
> these steps:a. Locate and then click the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{999C2D60-D066-425C-8F75-FDE592BFCE2A}\Software
\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express\5.0\signatures\00000000
> b. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
> c. Type end, and then press ENTER.
> d. Right-click end, and then click Modify.
> e. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
>
> 5. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor. """

Oh, right - that's a lot easier

OE QuoteFix does address other "issues" besides the top/bottom post and,
BTW, the reply above doesn't seem to have recognised the sig delimiter.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Old August 13th 06, 09:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:30:17 GMT, catman
> wrote:

>This new sell checker is a bit too effective, innit?

Cheat! ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old August 13th 06, 09:56 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:35 GMT, "Paul Woodsford"
> wrote:

>I've always used OE, all you have to do is apply the specific Reg fix to
>enable bottom posting.

Don't you just love Microsoft! Basic functionality requires Registry
tweaks or fixes.

Old August 13th 06, 10:22 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_2_]

Zathras wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:35 GMT, "Paul Woodsford"
> > wrote:
>
>> I've always used OE, all you have to do is apply the specific Reg fix to
>> enable bottom posting.

> Don't you just love Microsoft! Basic functionality requires Registry
> tweaks or fixes.

So what do you guys think is a 'good' newsreader?
Old August 13th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Jim wrote:
> Zathras wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:35 GMT, "Paul Woodsford"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've always used OE, all you have to do is apply the specific Reg fix
>>> to enable bottom posting.

>> Don't you just love Microsoft! Basic functionality requires Registry
>> tweaks or fixes.
>>

> So what do you guys think is a 'good' newsreader?

For Windows? Free Agent or Agent takes a lot of beating. *nix is a bit
trickier to find something decent for. Currently I'm using the one
built into Thunderbird. I prefer knode but getting it to install on
this distro (Ubuntu) is a PITA

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 13th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:48:19 GMT, catman
> wrote:

>For Windows? Free Agent or Agent takes a lot of beating.

Seconded!

Old August 13th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:38:42 GMT, Zathras
>, wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:48:19 GMT, catman
> wrote:
>
>>For Windows? Free Agent or Agent takes a lot of beating.

>Seconded!

Has been the best for 9 years <LOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old August 14th 06, 11:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Paul Stanley[_1_]

Jim wrote:
> Zathras wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:35 GMT, "Paul Woodsford"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I've always used OE, all you have to do is apply the specific Reg fix to
> >> enable bottom posting.

> > Don't you just love Microsoft! Basic functionality requires Registry
> > tweaks or fixes.
> >

> So what do you guys think is a 'good' newsreader?

You tried Google Groups yet? Can't think of a better way of being able
to catch up your fave newsgroups on different machines (note I didn't
say PCs) - just need a browser with access to t'internet.

Paul
156 GTA

Old August 14th 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stephen Poley

On 14 Aug 2006 03:09:33 -0700, "Paul Stanley" >
wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>> Zathras wrote:
>> > On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:12:35 GMT, "Paul Woodsford"

>> > Don't you just love Microsoft! Basic functionality requires Registry
>> > tweaks or fixes.
>> >

>> So what do you guys think is a 'good' newsreader?

>You tried Google Groups yet? Can't think of a better way of being able
>to catch up your fave newsgroups on different machines (note I didn't
>say PCs) - just need a browser with access to t'internet.

Google Groups is OK for reading old posts out of the archive, but for
reading on a day-to-day basis I think it's far inferior to a proper
newsreader - unless indeed you have to use a different computer every
day.

--
Stephen Poley

'02 Saturn SC1 Brake Lights why, me Technology 2 May 13th 06 02:44 AM
1999 Jeep grand Cherokee No Rear Brake Lights [email protected] Technology 1 December 16th 05 11:14 PM
Honda CRV brake lights dogcow Honda 0 November 30th 05 10:02 PM
Brake lights wont shut off. Michael Crispin Audi 7 September 6th 05 07:59 PM
2000 T&C brake line broke. NoName Chrysler 13 August 12th 05 09:02 PM