GTL corvette - sounds glorious!

Old August 21st 05, 09:15 AM
Jeff Reid

> I was expecting great sounds from GTL after experiencing GTR, but the sound of the Corvette just takes the cake!

For those that haven't tried it yet, I made a video. The vette also does
some cool 2nd gear drifts.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/gtlvt.wmv

Old August 21st 05, 09:37 AM
whooo

Steve Blankenship wrote:

> Seems a bit grippier than I'd expect of
> vintage tires,

Yeah, like they use vintage tyres.
Old August 21st 05, 10:59 AM
Tony Rickard

Mitch_A wrote:

> The one thing I do dislike about GTL is driving old cars on moderrn tracks.
> It just dont work for the immersion factor.

Curiously I find it more immersing racing in a current series than
somehow being transported back in time. I know it is all fantasy but
with GPL I had an odd feeling "racing" against Jim Clark et al.

Though I have no issue with a WW2 FPS - just call me strange...

Tony
Old August 21st 05, 11:30 AM

Tim Epstein wrote:
> I was expecting great sounds from GTL after experiencing GTR, but the sound
> of the Corvette just takes the cake! I have a reasonable PC sound setup,
> (Cambridge Soundworks 5.1), but with the corvette, the whole room just
> shakes as if I have a kilowatt subwoofer under my desk! The V8 sound is just
> glorious!

The Jag doesn't sound bad either.

SG
--
Keyboard not found -- Press F1 to continue

Old August 21st 05, 04:04 PM
Steve Blankenship

"whooo" > wrote in message
> Steve Blankenship wrote:
>
> > Seems a bit grippier than I'd expect of
> > vintage tires,

> Yeah, like they use vintage tyres.

Uh...yeah, like the treaded, DOT-legal 5.25M-13's on the Elan or the
pathetically undersized 5.50/6.00-15's of the Vette (trying to contain 550NM
of torque). The 'Vette seems properly gripless, but the Elan sticks
amazingly well. Guess that's what 1450lbs will do for you, even with hard
compounds and period-correct aspect ratios.

I believe the '76's can run slicks; that should be interesting. Lots of
power and mechanical grip without much in the way of downforce. Yum...

Old August 21st 05, 05:05 PM
Mitch_A

Ya know Uwe, your MS bashing was kinda cute years ago. Now its just plain
silly.

No one is forcing you to use anything MS. Why do you feel the need to
belittle anyone that does? Ego?

There is a reason why MS has the market and it hasnt a thing to do with
politics. Its about quality software, and while the open source (ponytail
people) crowd believes they have a competitive product just look at the
numbers. Even free, open source hasnt any market share. Whats that say?
To me it says "not ready for prime time"...

Mitch

Old August 21st 05, 05:06 PM
Mitch_A

Ok, Strange

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in > Though I

Old August 21st 05, 05:45 PM
jon

"Mitch_A" > wrote ...

> There is a reason why MS has the market and it hasnt a thing to do with
> politics. Its about quality software, and while the open source (ponytail
> people) crowd believes they have a competitive product just look at the
> numbers. Even free, open source hasnt any market share. Whats that say?
> To me it says "not ready for prime time"...

Mitch, with statements like "open source hasn't any market share", I'm
guessing you don't work in IT?

Old August 21st 05, 06:18 PM
Mitch_A

You guessed wrong.

WTH has open source market share have to do with IT... Economics maybe, not
IT..

OK perhaps I worded it wrong, Ive been known to do that and more than likely
it isnt the last time..

OK then. "There is a reason why MS isnt losing Market Share to the open
source communtiy". Better? Sheesh, just a bit anal are we?

Old August 21st 05, 06:40 PM
jon

"Mitch_A" > wrote ...

> OK perhaps I worded it wrong, Ive been known to do that and more than
> likely it isnt the last time..
>
> OK then. "There is a reason why MS isnt losing Market Share to the open
> source communtiy".

The same reason IE's userbase isn't being eroded by Firefox?