10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10 gals of gas

Old May 6th 07, 05:42 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Max

Default 10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10 gals of gas

Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc,
and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air
pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

Acetone in Fuels: Significantly Improved Mileage:

This article about acetone (CH3COCH3) probably draws conclusions that
Big Oil and the American Car Manufacturers and others do NOT want
you to know. They suffer from unlimited corporate GREED. They want bad
mileage. The worse, the better as far as they are concerned. Acetone
is a vaporization additive rather than a fuel additive per se. It is
successful in very tiny amounts from about one part per 5000 to one
part per 500. Mileage seems to taper off while HC emissions actually
are greatly reduced with too much acetone. The peak gain in mileage
comes between .03 of one-percent and .20 of one-percent acetone,
depending on the actual vehicle which may be running gasoline or
diesel. Note .781 cc per liter or .78 parts per 1000 or one part
per 1280 are the same as one ounce per 10 gallons. Acetone operates on
the unburned portion of the fuel to gain added vaporization and
improved combustion efficiency.

above was excerpted from:

http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm

Old May 6th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On May 6, 12:42 pm, Max > wrote:
> Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc,
> and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air
> pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

Right up there with the fake moon landing, big foot, and the lochness
monster.

Old May 6th 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Max

On May 6, 11:48 am, Larry Bud > wrote:
> On May 6, 12:42 pm, Max > wrote:
>
> > Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc,
> > and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air
> > pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm

> Right up there with the fake moon landing, big foot, and the lochness
> monster.

Maybe you work for an oil company.
Scientific testing indicates that it works:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo..._Fuel_Additive

Old May 6th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
DH

"Max" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On May 6, 11:48 am, Larry Bud > wrote:
>> On May 6, 12:42 pm, Max > wrote:
>>
>> > Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc,
>> > and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air
>> > pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

> http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm
>

>> Right up there with the fake moon landing, big foot, and the lochness
>> monster.

> Maybe you work for an oil company.
> Scientific testing indicates that it works:
>
> http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo..._Fuel_Additive

Let's presume this works. Why wouldn't an independent gas station provide
it, pre-mixed into the gas at one pump, as a service to their customers? If
fuel economy increases by 10%, people would cheerfully pay an extra 2%, most
of which would be pure profit to the retailer. Since their margin on gas is
just $.08/gallon or so, independents should be all over this.

But they're not.

Old May 6th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
SnoMan

On 6 May 2007 10:00:50 -0700, Max > wrote:

>Maybe you work for an oil company.
>Scientific testing indicates that it works:

Pure BS!!!!!! There is no magic snale oil that you can add to fuel to
increase efficency 10 to 25% period. This is kinda like the 80 MPG
carbs that were supposed to exist in 60's and 70's because people want
to believe in it. Heat energy is what drives a motor and acetone is
not going to increase the heat content of fuel 10 to 25% to allow it
to produce more power. I suspect that some that claimed to have
benifited from it is because it is a power solvent and it cleaned out
their fuel system so it worked better (so would a bottle of fuel
system cleaner) and they believed it was the magic of acetone. You are
far more likely to gain 5 or 10% more MPG with higher octane fuel in a
modern engine than with any snake oil like acetone. A modern gas
engine is about 30% efficent (give or take) at best and there is about
50 HP in a gallon of 100% gas which mean best case is maybe about 16
HP hours at fly wheel for each gallon of fuel burned. No snake oil is
going to change this but a fuel octane too low can reduce efficency so
less power is captured from fuel.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old May 6th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:46:09 GMT, SnoMan > wrote:

>On 6 May 2007 10:00:50 -0700, Max > wrote:
>
>>Maybe you work for an oil company.
>>Scientific testing indicates that it works:

>Pure BS!!!!!! There is no magic snale oil that you can add to fuel to
>increase efficency 10 to 25% period. This is kinda like the 80 MPG
>carbs that were supposed to exist in 60's and 70's because people want
>to believe in it.

There is that magnet that you can put around the fuel line. <G>
Old May 6th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default 10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10gals...

One million percent better ''gas'' mileage.Only drive/coast down hills
with the engine off.
cuhulin

Old May 6th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
mack

"Bonehenge (B A R R Y)" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:46:09 GMT, SnoMan > wrote:
>
>>On 6 May 2007 10:00:50 -0700, Max > wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe you work for an oil company.
>>>Scientific testing indicates that it works:

>>Pure BS!!!!!! There is no magic snale oil that you can add to fuel to
>>increase efficency 10 to 25% period. This is kinda like the 80 MPG
>>carbs that were supposed to exist in 60's and 70's because people want
>>to believe in it.

> There is that magnet that you can put around the fuel line. <G>

The folks who think that such things as magnets and additives (which the big
bad auto manufacturers and oil companies buy out to keep the status quo) are
legit are probably prone to believe that you can drive from New York to
Florida by simply taking off the hand brake and steer, because if you look
at a map, it's all DOWNHILL.

Old May 6th 07, 07:48 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Max

On May 6, 12:55 pm, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"
> wrote:

> >Pure BS!!!!!! There is no magic snale oil that you can add to fuel to
> >increase efficency 10 to 25% period.

That's exactly what the oil companys would like everyone to believe.

According to scientific research - about 3 ounces of Acetone added to
every 10 gallons of gasoline helps some people, but NOT all, get
significant increases in number of MPG, and also helps their cars run
better.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo..._Fuel_Additive

http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm

Furthermore, the oil companies have purchased & locked up in their
safes, certain devices that can cause gasoline & diesel engines to get
huge increases in their mpg. Oil companies are there to make
billions, NOT to clean up the environment or to help people spend less
on fuel. Their greed knows no end.

Old May 6th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Mike H

On May 6, 12:00 pm, Max > wrote:
> On May 6, 11:48 am, Larry Bud > wrote:
>
> > On May 6, 12:42 pm, Max > wrote:

> > > Acetone is available at autoparts stores, walgreens, walmarts, etc,
> > > and costs only 10 to 15 cents per ounce. Everyone who cares about air
> > > pollution and the high cost of gasoline should know about this.

> http://www.lubedev.com/articles/additive.htm
>

> > Right up there with the fake moon landing, big foot, and the lochness
> > monster.

> Maybe you work for an oil company.
> Scientific testing indicates that it works:
>
> http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo..._Fuel_Additive

Where is the scientific study?

Because if the following is all you have, it ain't enough as this is
just nonsense talk.

Still, fuel needs a kick of some kind to transform from big globs into
a full vapor. The acetone provides that kick with its rapid inherent
molecular vibration that prevents fuel from escaping the combustion
process and going through unburned.

What, scientifically, is this kick that fuel needs? In what way is
acetone providing it? And if this kick is necessary and only acetone
can provide it, exactly how is it that engines have ever run without
it?

Best estimations are that Acetone added to fuel may act as a cleaner
dissolving deposits within the fuel system. The same thing any fuel
system cleaner will do for you.