Subject : Pictures Please - Ford 351 - Ford351C - Ford351W

Old April 27th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars

Hi,

I am working on a new website www.Ford351.com and need pictures of
Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no
good engine pictures before restoration.

Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a
"Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera,
Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.

Please do not mail me pictures of your cars. I am looking for Ford
351 engine pictures.

Images to .

Thanks,

Old April 27th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On 27 Apr 2007 08:14:16 -0700, wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am working on a new website
www.Ford351.com and need pictures of
>Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no
>good engine pictures before restoration.
>
>Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a
>"Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera,
>Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.
>
>Please do not mail me pictures of your cars. I am looking for Ford
>351 engine pictures.
>
>Images to .
>
>Thanks,

go to March Performance for some nice shots.
Old April 27th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
Jason James

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a new website www.Ford351.com and need pictures of
> Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no
> good engine pictures before restoration.
>
> Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a
> "Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera,
> Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.
>
> Please do not mail me pictures of your cars. I am looking for Ford
> 351 engine pictures.
>
> Images to .
>
> Thanks,

The internet has many pictures of all sorts of engines. Use Google "images"
as a search tool, and just Google "web" to research the engines.

Jason

Old April 28th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
disston

I wonder if you know the Cleveland and the Windsor are not related.
Except that they were both in Ford cars and they sound alike because
of the 351. Some parts can be made to swap with a lot of machine work.
The Cleveland had a much shorter run and is more interesting in other
ways. Try to hang onto it.

If you wanted to do something really interesting get into the FE big
blocks.

disston

Old April 30th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
clifto

disston wrote:
> I wonder if you know the Cleveland and the Windsor are not related.

They had the same block and crank, didn't they? (As if that makes a
difference.)

> Except that they were both in Ford cars and they sound alike because
> of the 351. Some parts can be made to swap with a lot of machine work.
> The Cleveland had a much shorter run and is more interesting in other
> ways. Try to hang onto it.

And then there was the 351M (modified), which was closer to the C than
to the W IIRC.

--
Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast.
That's why stereo has two channels.
Old April 30th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
Tom Adkins

clifto wrote:
> disston wrote:
>> I wonder if you know the Cleveland and the Windsor are not related.

> They had the same block and crank, didn't they? (As if that makes a
> difference.)
>
>> Except that they were both in Ford cars and they sound alike because
>> of the 351. Some parts can be made to swap with a lot of machine work.
>> The Cleveland had a much shorter run and is more interesting in other
>> ways. Try to hang onto it.

> And then there was the 351M (modified), which was closer to the C than
> to the W IIRC.

The W and C blocks weren't even close, although IIRC, Cleveland heads could be made
to fit on a Windsor with some modifications and a special intake manifold. I don't
remember the particulars though, that was a looong time ago.
The 351C and 351M are 'similar' but there is very little interchange between the two.
For all intents and purposes, they are all three distinctly different engines.
Old April 30th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
trainfan1

clifto wrote:
> disston wrote:
>> I wonder if you know the Cleveland and the Windsor are not related.

> They had the same block and crank, didn't they? (As if that makes a
> difference.)

Oh heaven's no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_335_engine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Windsor_engine#351W

are correct on some days. Read up.

Rob

Old April 30th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
Tom[_2_]

the only thing the Cleveland and Windsor share in common is the bell housing
bolt pattern. other than that, they are 2 completely different engines.

Old April 30th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
trainfan1

Tom wrote:
> the only thing the Cleveland and Windsor share in common is the bell housing
> bolt pattern.

And iron blocks / iron heads.
And bore spacing.
And bore size(4.00" - also shared with the 352 FE engine).
And stroke(3.5" - also shared with the 352 FE engine).
And displacement(352 cid - also shared with the 352 FE engine).
And head bolt pattern.
And 3.00" main bearings(on some).

Rob

Old May 1st 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars
Tom[_2_]

blah blah blah. go ahead and get technical on me. ;-)

et...

Subject : Pictures Please - Ford 351 - Ford351C - Ford351W [email protected] Technology 21 May 3rd 07 11:33 PM
No Subject Peter Daly Technology 0 December 15th 05 11:12 PM
No Subject Peter Daly BMW 0 December 15th 05 05:06 AM
No Subject Peter Daly BMW 0 December 15th 05 02:36 AM
No Subject Peter Daly BMW 0 December 15th 05 02:34 AM