High speed chases

Old May 3rd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gumby619[_2_]

Default High speed chases

I agree, once someone runs for a misdemeanor or infraction the cops should
just get the plate and deal with him later when he least expects it. Around
here (San Diego County) the highest speed limit is 70 MPH, that being said
if I were to go anything under 80 on certain freeways I would get run over.
The CHP will leave you alone for up to 80 MPH and depending on the "Flow of
traffic" won't even mess with you for 85-90. I have actually been doing 80
on some of these roads and had tour buses (which have NO seat belts) pass
me. My car was impounded about a month ago for doing 80 in a 55, I was on a
2 lane road in the mountains with almost no traffic (Highway 74 for those of
you from the area). I wasn't driving erratically or insane, I was on one of
the few straightaways on roughly 25 miles of the road. Up to that point I
hadn't been over 70 (Which the FIRST cop I passed said was no problem), it
boils down to this: No matter how fast you are going its the cop who decides
if he is going to stop you. I was also told (CHP was the entity pulling me
over) that they wouldn't mess with me if I stayed under 15 MPH over the
speed limit. There is a time and a place for "having fun". I LOVE kicking
riceboy ass but I refuse to do it anywhere that would endanger anyone other
than myself and the person I'm racing. Thats all I have to say for the
moment, go ahead and flame if you feel the need to.....

Gumby619

How fast was I going officer? Not fast enough I guess...

--
For every action there is an equal and opposite Government program

Old May 3rd 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BillMays

"Gumby619" > wrote in message
>I agree, once someone runs for a misdemeanor or infraction the cops should
> just get the plate and deal with him later when he least expects it.
> Around
> here (San Diego County) the highest speed limit is 70 MPH, that being said
> if I were to go anything under 80 on certain freeways I would get run
> over.
> The CHP will leave you alone for up to 80 MPH and depending on the "Flow
> of
> traffic" won't even mess with you for 85-90. I have actually been doing 80
> on some of these roads and had tour buses (which have NO seat belts) pass
> me. My car was impounded about a month ago for doing 80 in a 55, I was on
> 2 lane road in the mountains with almost no traffic (Highway 74 for those
> of
> you from the area). I wasn't driving erratically or insane, I was on one
> of
> the few straightaways on roughly 25 miles of the road. Up to that point I
> hadn't been over 70 (Which the FIRST cop I passed said was no problem), it
> boils down to this: No matter how fast you are going its the cop who
> decides
> if he is going to stop you. I was also told (CHP was the entity pulling me
> over) that they wouldn't mess with me if I stayed under 15 MPH over the
> speed limit. There is a time and a place for "having fun". I LOVE kicking
> riceboy ass but I refuse to do it anywhere that would endanger anyone
> other
> than myself and the person I'm racing. Thats all I have to say for the
> moment, go ahead and flame if you feel the need to.....

how much was the ticket ?

Old May 4th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Wed, 2 May 2007 18:27:35 -0700, "Gumby619" >
wrote:

>I agree, once someone runs for a misdemeanor or infraction the cops should
>just get the plate and deal with him later when he least expects it. Around
>here (San Diego County) the highest speed limit is 70 MPH, that being said
>if I were to go anything under 80 on certain freeways I would get run over.
>The CHP will leave you alone for up to 80 MPH and depending on the "Flow of
>traffic" won't even mess with you for 85-90. I have actually been doing 80
>on some of these roads and had tour buses (which have NO seat belts) pass
>me. My car was impounded about a month ago for doing 80 in a 55, I was on a
>2 lane road in the mountains with almost no traffic (Highway 74 for those of
>you from the area). I wasn't driving erratically or insane, I was on one of
>the few straightaways on roughly 25 miles of the road. Up to that point I
>hadn't been over 70 (Which the FIRST cop I passed said was no problem), it
>boils down to this: No matter how fast you are going its the cop who decides
>if he is going to stop you. I was also told (CHP was the entity pulling me
>over) that they wouldn't mess with me if I stayed under 15 MPH over the
>speed limit. There is a time and a place for "having fun". I LOVE kicking
>riceboy ass but I refuse to do it anywhere that would endanger anyone other
>than myself and the person I'm racing. Thats all I have to say for the
>moment, go ahead and flame if you feel the need to.....
>
>Gumby619
>
>How fast was I going officer? Not fast enough I guess...

Avoid the long stretch between Needles and Barstow.... especially the
rest area about mid-way. And watch for aircraft. That whole area is a
CHP training zone. :0) Last time through they has five units lined up
on the rest area on ramp taking turns. :0) The old guy in the old
Caddy 'vert got pulled over after he blew off the doors of a van load
of hippie Jesus freaks and yours truely. The hippies went by him
cheering and waving and blaring biblical quotes over a PA. :0)

Now.... of course it's the cop who decides. It's a judgement call we
are paid to make. Today, many CHP units are using radar. Unless the
rules have changed, they have to borrow them from the locals because
the state prohibits them from purchasing the units. Used to be we
didn't need radar. If a Chippie said you were doing X mph, that is
what the court accepted. Anyway, as you pointed out, the way the
traffic is in the south land, we could not stop them all, so we select
the ones who in our judgement pose the most risk to other motorists.