Shoulder passing by slowpoke

Old December 10th 04, 01:15 AM
Arif Khokar

E.R. wrote:

> In a previous posting, Arif Khokar > had the
> audacity to say:

> id you watch the video he posted a few days back?

> I wanted to, but I couldn't get it to load up. Maybe I'll make a
> personal private request for it when I fix my PC (again!).

Codec problems?

> Of
> course, if there's much in the way of passing on the right in
> it, it might be better that I don't see it. :}

Only the last part of the video segment. The first part is almost
perfect with regards to KRETP and passing only on the left. Then again,
the last part of the video segment took place on a road with more than 2
lanes per side...
Old December 10th 04, 01:18 AM
E.R.

In a previous posting, "truckinsp" <truckinsp@ nowhere.com> had
the audacity to say:

:Clones works......I see a lot of people - mostly guys but more women
:lately - who think that because they have horsepower they don't need
:brains......all of them have the same inflated belief in their driving
:ability ... all of them think everyone else is a "sloth".....all of them
:think that citations are just to generate revenue......all of them think
:they know more than any experts.......

In general, the true experts - namely qualified engineers
INDEPENDENT of political interference - aren't able to get
involved when it comes to establishing/maintaining traffic law.
Politicians are *not* experts, except perhaps at maximizing
revenue. Hence we see the coming and going of photo RaDAR
programs, etc. Politicians are apt to pursue programs that
generate the most revenue without overstepping the mark of
political unpopularity (the point at which the government would
get overthrown).

:all of them think driving on
:the highways is a game between them and the cops.....

You can blame the focus on SPEED enforcement for that.

:all of them have the emotional age of 14.....

You have little faith in your fellow motorist. Lowest common
denominator thinking got us where we are today. And if you build
a rubber padded world, you just get better idiots. (© Brent P.)

--
E.R. aka SJG aka Ricardo
present location: vancouver bc canada

Old December 10th 04, 01:56 AM
E.R.

In a previous posting, Arif Khokar > had the
audacity to say:

:> I wanted to, but I couldn't get it to load up. Maybe I'll make a
:> personal private request for it when I fix my PC (again!).
:
:Codec problems?

IE said the web page couldn't be displayed. I have had codec
problems with certain kinds of video files before, but will only
try to fix them when my machine is reformatted (spyware and
stuff needs to be eliminated).

:> Of
:> course, if there's much in the way of passing on the right in
:> it, it might be better that I don't see it. :}
:
:Only the last part of the video segment. The first part is almost
erfect with regards to KRETP and passing only on the left. Then again,
:the last part of the video segment took place on a road with more than 2
:lanes per side...

This would be interesting to watch I think. With the right video
equipment mounted to the top of the seats or to the dash,
"Muggins" could film himself driving fast on a rural highway on
a clear day too, but he doesn't have the equipment right now.

Old December 10th 04, 03:21 AM
Big Bill

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:41:30 GMT, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>truckinsp wrote:
>
>>and I KNOW what kind of driver you are

>Did you watch the video he posted a few days back?

Anyone can drive differently for a while. Making a video of a
particular driving period proves nothing.
You know that.
I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying it proves nothing.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 10th 04, 03:21 AM
Big Bill

Old December 10th 04, 05:06 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:16:30 -0800, Scott en Aztlán

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote:
"I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying it proves nothing."

Don't automatically assume that you're being dissed. You weren't. I'm
only pointing out that such evidence can easily be faked. I didn't say
you faked it; in fact, I specifically said I wasn't saying that.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 10th 04, 05:06 PM