rFactor

Old February 3rd 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
bluestringer

Default rFactor

I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try. So
I downloaded the demo and it just doesn't seem too good. The sounds are
cartoonish, cars sound like bumblebees and the shifting sounds funky. Is
there a NASCAR mod for it? Are there any good NASCAR sims other than NASCAR
2003?

bluestringer

Old February 3rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Smith[_1_]

"bluestringer" > wrote in message
> I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try.
> So
> I downloaded the demo and it just doesn't seem too good. The sounds are
> cartoonish, cars sound like bumblebees and the shifting sounds funky. Is
> there a NASCAR mod for it? Are there any good NASCAR sims other than
> NASCAR
> 2003?
>

> bluestringer

Just buy the full version, you won't regret it. And yes there is a Nascar
mod for it..

Old February 3rd 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid

> I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try.

rFactor by itself isn't that great, but the makers cheated. They counted
on 3rd party developers to make some good car and track mods. There are
many of these now for rFactor.

Old February 4th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Summit

Same here guy - I was looking for another sim racing game to play. NR2003 is
still the best, but getting old.

Many said rfactor is great so I downloaded the demo and was not impressed. I
was told just as you were. Buy the full version. You won't regret it.

HA, I regretted buying the game.

There were no improvements from the demo to the full version. It's the same
physics as EA's NSR. Which I find rather amusing since all the hard core
nr2003 said they hated NSR, but they all bought rfactor and said they love
it..too funny!

The stock car mod is the exactly the same as EA' NSR. Same physics, same
models, same crappy game play.

The only good thing I have to say about rfactor is, the graphics are nice
and the console gamer will enjoy it. They also have tons of mod which are
buggy. Sometimes my wheel will work. Sometimes it won't

My copy of the game is sitting right next to EA's NSR, since they are the
same. Collecting dust with the rest of the crap I purchased over the years.

Hopefully ARCA Sim Racing will be great!

Old February 4th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Robert Jordan

I agree the nascar mod for rfactor just dont cut it for me.. but the
openwheel, and now the Offroad mods are really good and accurate
physics..the rally cars are nice driving too... I still play it alot
but for Nascar, it still is N2003 for that... nothing better ...

Nascarob
Old February 4th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Greg Campbell

Summit wrote:

> Same here guy - I was looking for another sim racing game to play. NR2003 is
> still the best, but getting old.

> Many said rfactor is great so I downloaded the demo and was not impressed. I
> was told just as you were. Buy the full version. You won't regret it.

> HA, I regretted buying the game.

Have you tried the F3 or 1979 mods? Those are well worth the $40

If you're stuck on Nascar, then you're probably right to stick with
N2003. Have fun....
Old February 4th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
seems to be this delay between input/ result.

buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.

Old February 5th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Zed

Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.

Old February 5th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

On Feb 4, 7:07 pm, Zed > wrote:
> Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
> physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.
>

> Osarenren wrote:
> > rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
> > seems to be this delay between input/ result.

> > buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
> > download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.- Hide quoted text -

I think I can answer that one.

Doug Arnao- who was also instrumental in creating the physics for the
godfather of PC sims -GPL.

he is a real time racer AND champion, mulitple times.

also, Henrik Roos was involved, who was an FIA GT racer, AND team
owner.

These guys know their Soot.

Old February 6th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Smith[_1_]

"Osarenren" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 4, 7:07 pm, Zed > wrote:
>> Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
>> physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.
>>

>> Osarenren wrote:
>> > rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
>> > seems to be this delay between input/ result.

>> > buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
>> > download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.- Hide quoted
>> > text -

> I think I can answer that one.
>
> Doug Arnao- who was also instrumental in creating the physics for the
> godfather of PC sims -GPL.
>
> he is a real time racer AND champion, mulitple times.
>
> also, Henrik Roos was involved, who was an FIA GT racer, AND team
> owner.
>
> These guys know their Soot.

Oh yea Doug A.. the godfather of ice..

rFactor vs. GTR2 Chang Liu Simulators 9 September 18th 06 08:21 AM
rFactor development Tony Rickard Simulators 8 August 18th 06 07:06 AM
Selling my used rFactor? I Would like to know... PlowBoy Simulators 6 October 4th 05 10:20 PM
Rfactor will not run... Sting32 Simulators 28 September 8th 05 10:30 PM
rFactor review Tony Rickard Simulators 66 September 7th 05 06:22 PM