Hybrid Lovers Read This and Lament

Old November 22nd 05, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Hybrid Lovers Read This and Lament

Steve > wrote:

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>
>> On 21 Nov 2005 10:44:27 -0800, "Larry Bud" >
>> wrote:

leave

>>>What the **** would you know about routain maintenance, Mr. Drive a

POS
>>>vehicle with bald tires and no dash lights?

>> I change the oil every 1500 miles and grease the front end every 1000.

> Absolutely idiotic! Changing the oil at 3000 mile intervals is wasteful
> enough given that modern oils are generally good to 7000 or more miles,
> 1500 is just flat stupid. But what I'd expect from an "environmental
> responsibility is for everyone BUT me" liberal...

Here we go again!

NOT if that coincides with every three months on a grocery getter..

BUT!

Lubing joints that often MAY be bad... tends to burst boots and seals,
leading to premature failure, UNLESS you are very careful.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old November 22nd 05, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Steve, > was motivated to say this in rec.autos.driving
on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:24:42 -0600:
> But what I'd expect from an "environmental
> responsibility is for everyone BUT me" liberal...

Or a speed limits are for everyone BUT me nincompoop...

--

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. "laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMOCIDE), 10/3/2002
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Connecting POA to LBMHB/lbVH:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old November 22nd 05, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bill Putney wrote:
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>
> > ...And i change the air filter and plugs and rotor/cap every 10k or so.
> > That's what i'm talking about...

> New plugs, rotor, and cap every 10k? That's not very smart.

I got an old car. Not old enough to have points mind you; it does use
electronic ignition. But even with EI i don't believe that 30K miles
stuff. Same with greasing the front end. Every 1000 miles sounds like
overkill to some people but i think it's a good idea.

Old November 22nd 05, 09:16 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

John Horner wrote:
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:50:08 GMT, John Horner >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Have people learning nothing from cell phones and laptop computers where
> >>failure to take a charge rechargeable batteries are often the death
> >>sentence?
> >>
> >>John

> > Ever hear of proofreading??
> >

> You must have way too much time on your hands to be spending it
> nitpicking on usenet over spelling and grammar. Now go back to that
> high school and make the kids there miserable like so many teachers do.

Uh, Judy hasn't been to high school yet.

Old November 23rd 05, 12:12 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Mike Hunter wrote:
> Will they also design a trailer to carry all the LA batteries need to
> produce enough voltage?

Put two 9 volt transistor radio batteries in series and you have enough
*voltage* - I can carry that in my pocket. I think you mean enough
power - voltage is only half the equation.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old November 23rd 05, 02:27 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Bill Putney wrote:
> > laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> >
> > > ...And i change the air filter and plugs and rotor/cap every 10k or so.
> > > That's what i'm talking about...

> > New plugs, rotor, and cap every 10k? That's not very smart.
> >

> I got an old car. Not old enough to have points mind you; it does use
> electronic ignition. But even with EI i don't believe that 30K miles
> stuff. Same with greasing the front end. Every 1000 miles sounds like
> overkill to some people but i think it's a good idea.

Only person I've ever known to switch the plugs out every 10k or so did
so at the end of his vehicle's life, and ended up selling his POS
beater for scrap. Damned thing belched so much smoke when it was
running (which was rare) and it's idling (if it could be considered
idling) was horrendous. Guy had to keep one foot on the brake and one
on the gas at stop signs to make sure the thing wouldn't choke out.

Old November 23rd 05, 03:12 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Hydrides use higher voltage to produce the proper amperage to do the work.
To do so with LA batteries you would need a truck load. All common
flashlight batteries produce 1 1/2 volts but the larger sizes produce more
amps. Ask Mr. Ohms

mike

Old November 23rd 05, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Better do some research on how the hybrid systems in the Pruis and the
Escape operate, if that is what you believe. When I drove them, while
running below a certain speed the electric motor alone did the motivating.
The engine did not come on until they were up to speed or when the HVAC
system was operating

mike hunt

Old November 23rd 05, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

OK I was not entirely correct. They would NOT need to design a trailer for
the LA batteries, they will need to design one for the LA batteries AND an
engine driven generator. Ask Mr. Ohms this question. Why are the 12v
battery and the starter in my V8 Lincoln so much larger then the ones in a
motorcycle, neither one of which needs to motivates the vehicle in question?
Why don't they just use 8 AAA batteries and a starter the size of a
windshield wiper motor?

mike

caldomain...

Old November 23rd 05, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler