Damn, I won't be buying GTR afterall

Old March 5th 05, 03:22 PM
MrMox

I've had the UK version of GTR on pre order from game.co.uk for just
over a month. What bothers me more and more is the starforce baggage
that comes with it.

Does anyone have a link or good information about how it affects a
system and what it means to install it ?

Basically I'm close to rescinding my order in the light of what
Starforce actually does when present and active.

Old March 5th 05, 05:05 PM
Dave Erb

Apart from necessitating the DVD in the DVD-R when I want to play Starforce
hasn't had much of an effect. Might add 5-10 seconds to start up as the copy
protection checks but thats about it as far as I can tell. I might not be so
calm if I ever scratch the disc to the point of giving errors but for now
everythings cool.
Dave

oups.com...

Old March 5th 05, 05:20 PM
Joe62

Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

>Grab a copy of Dave Haynie's excellent "the deathbed vigil"
>documentary of the last days of Commodore in West Chester, PA. It's
>available he
>
>http://www.frogpondmedia.com/

Thx!

Joe62