A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Corvette
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2008 squeaking

Old August 14th 09, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Double C 33
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

Also I didnt realize you put clear top, I thought you were referring
to any squek...sorry about that.

Ads
Old August 14th 09, 05:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } ..standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } ..code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } ..codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } Double C 33 wrote: Also I didnt realize you put clear top, I thought you were referring to any squek...sorry about that.
That's OK. Clarification is cool. We all make mistakes - 'cept Dad - or so he thinks...

--
Andrew DeFaria
If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Old August 14th 09, 03:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

Sorry to have bothered you, thought I could help, I was wrong. Does
that help?

You have been a treat, I look forward to the introduction of the new
cars that have had their brakes and drive train broken in before they
are delivered. They may already have those and call them "used cars"
by law. Maybe it would be easier to just read the owners manual, nah,
what fun is that, more attention can be gained by bitching about it.

One last thing on this issue, tell the group when you get your top and
brakes fixed, it would be helpful to others that may have similar
issues to know the cure. There are people that can benefit from that
information and is the reason some of them read this group.

Good luck to you and your service dealer.

Old August 14th 09, 03:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } ..standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } ..code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } ..codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } Dad wrote:
Sorry to have bothered you, thought I could help, I was wrong. Does that help?
You could have helped but your ego got in the way.
You have been a treat, So have you bud.
I look forward to the introduction of the new cars that have had their brakes and drive train broken in before they are delivered. They may already have those and call them "used cars" by law. Maybe it would be easier to just read the owners manual, nah, what fun is that, more attention can be gained by bitching about it.
Seems you're as much of the attention whore you claim I am...
One last thing on this issue, tell the group when you get your top and brakes fixed, it would be helpful to others that may have similar issues to know the cure. There are people that can benefit from that information and is the reason some of them read this group.
Perhaps...
Good luck to you and your service dealer.
Yeah have a great life yourself...

PLONK!

--
Andrew DeFaria
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Old August 14th 09, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

"Andrew DeFaria" > wrote in message
Dad wrote:

<<Sorry to have bothered you, thought I could help, I was wrong. Does
that help?

Snip

<PLONK!

<--
<Andrew DeFaria
<Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Not again, how will I survive?

Old August 14th 09, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

Hmmm .... < http://clearscm.com/ >

Suggest take it done until it gets fixed. Needs
more work than the squeaky top on the '08 !

--
pj

Dad wrote:
>
> "Andrew DeFaria" > wrote in message
> ...
> Dad wrote:
>
> <<Sorry to have bothered you, thought I could help, I was wrong. Does
> that help?
>
> Snip
>
> <PLONK!
>
> <-- <Andrew DeFaria
> <Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
>
> Not again, how will I survive?

Old August 14th 09, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } ..standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } ..code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } ..codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } pj wrote: Hmmm .... &lt; http://clearscm.com/ &gt;

Suggest take it done until it gets fixed. Needs more work than the squeaky top on the '08 !
Huh?

--
Andrew DeFaria
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Old August 16th 09, 01:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

On Aug 13, 10:33*pm, Andrew DeFaria > wrote:
> Dad wrote:Wall, butt, butt, butt. Glad you pointed out that I got whether wrong, but then no one called you on calling a brake a break, many, many times,Go ahead! Point it out. I have no problems admitting I'm human and thus I make mistakes. OTOH it seems to bother you so.
> And I might point out that while I may have used "brake" instead of "break", both words are spelled correctly whereas wheather is not spelled correctly at all. I therefore refer you toOde to Spell Checker. This is not to say that I don't make spelling mistakes, just that it doesn't **** me off like it does you when somebody points out I made a mistake.BUT then you are an OS kernel expert,Bzzzzt! Wrong! But Don Pardo tell him what lovely parting gifts he's entitled to. I never said I was an OS kernel expert. I said that you weren't but not that I was. You guessed - wrong - again...what more could I ask for?How about accuracy? Nah that's asking for too much...Your limited intelligence requires you to be right in this brake problem but you're not and you never will be as long as you ignore the facts.I never claimed that - you did. Bzzzt! Wrong again. This seems to happen often to you... And it ****es you off so. What a shame....Grow up child...I'm already all grown up "dad". BTW: Assuming an anonymous handle of "dad" doesn't mean that you're grown up either. You obviously and immaturely cannot accept the fact that you are not perfect. I, OTOH, have already admitted my mistakes - a sign of a mature person.
> That's enough though. Go argue and make a fool of yourself. Looks like my work is done here...--Andrew DeFariaIf people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Andrew, I have read with great interest your break (sp) problem and
your failure to comprehend the logic set before you. You were given
some solid advice and received some very simple suggestions. I have
some mo Continue with your OS kernel writing, sell your Corvette,
and buy a bicycle. You won't have to worry about breaking in the
breaks (sp), they are cheap to fix and held on by only one nut. Bike
ridden by the other.

Bob (no break problems for me) Drake, Blue C5
Old August 16th 09, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } ..standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } ..code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } ..codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } Blue C5 wrote:
Andrew, I have read with great interest your break (sp) problem and your failure to comprehend the logic set before you. You were given some solid advice and received some very simple suggestions. I have
some mo Continue with your OS kernel writing, sell your Corvette, and buy a bicycle. You won't have to worry about breaking in the breaks (sp), they are cheap to fix and held on by only one nut. Bike ridden by the other. Another person who obviously has reading comprehension problems. I never said I write OS kernels - in fact, I specifically said I didn't. Did cha miss that? One can only wonder what other things you've missed but I can say that you definitely say you've missed other things too, including your other misstatement about me not comprehending the logic set before me.

Another one... PLONK.

--
Andrew DeFaria
Nebraska: At least the cows are sane.

Old August 17th 09, 04:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Double C 33
external usenet poster

Default 2008 squeaking

I dont think we should be fighting....first off dad was trying to help
you andrew...you guys disagreed and then just got smart...I don't know
who is right but we should be trying to help each other the best we
can not just fighting...haha I don't know if you guys will take this