I am looking for a good corvette...modest price

Old October 15th 04, 03:12 PM
ZR1LOVER

Default I am looking for a good corvette...modest price

Alas I would like another zr1 but I cant keep up with the parts price. I
think a nice C4 would do something with low miles but I am just newly
single and do not want to get taken for a ride..HA I wish I could say I
know my way around a corvette but I only half do. I am in oregon and I see
alot of corvettes way out of state for sale...How can I be sure I am
getting a fun car not a piece of junk thats polished on the
outside.....but...you know.......it different now being single and having
to do all of this for myself. thanks for any suggestions......peg

Old October 15th 04, 03:24 PM
Dad

"ZR1LOVER" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Alas I would like another zr1 but I cant keep up with the parts price. I
> think a nice C4 would do something with low miles but I am just newly
> single and do not want to get taken for a ride..HA I wish I could say I
> know my way around a corvette but I only half do. I am in oregon and I see
> alot of corvettes way out of state for sale...How can I be sure I am
> getting a fun car not a piece of junk thats polished on the
> outside.....but...you know.......it different now being single and having
> to do all of this for myself. thanks for any suggestions......peg

Best way to get a good Corvette is to drive allot of them, don't let the
thrill of the moment sell the car. Be critical and wait on the one that
looks, feels, and drives to your likeing. Try some of the older C5's, and
then go back to the C4, make a pest of yourself at a dealer you like and
they will help you get something you can both live with. The private party
buy should not be ruled out and seeing how the seller lives will help
determine how the car is maintained. Most of all stick to your price and
needs, when it leaves their hand it's your problem if there is any.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 15th 04, 03:24 PM
Dad

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 15th 04, 03:35 PM
CardsFan

"ZR1LOVER" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Alas I would like another zr1 but I cant keep up with the parts price. I
> think a nice C4 would do something with low miles but I am just newly
> single and do not want to get taken for a ride..HA I wish I could say I
> know my way around a corvette but I only half do. I am in oregon and I see
> alot of corvettes way out of state for sale...How can I be sure I am
> getting a fun car not a piece of junk thats polished on the
> outside.....but...you know.......it different now being single and having
> to do all of this for myself. thanks for any suggestions......peg

It is difficult to buy a used car at a long distance. If you're not
committed to it and prepared to fix the problems you might encounter, I
wouldn't advise it at all. What I did when I bought our 'Vette from 2
states away was to look until I could buy a car I wanted for several
thousand less than the budget, and I have since spent the balance fixing
things and upgrading the hi-fi. There are car dealers who trade only in
'Vettes and muscle cars, but you usually pay a premium price. Do you have a
local Corvette club? Many times the members will know if someone is looking
to sell a car, they know the condition, and club members like to see cars go
to good homes.

Best of luck to you.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old October 15th 04, 03:35 PM
CardsFan

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 15th 04, 03:50 PM
Black Bomb

Seeing that you had a ZR1, I think your best bet for a C4 is a 96 with the
LT4 engine.

Good Luck

Dan
89 Coupe Blk on Blk

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 15th 04, 03:50 PM
Black Bomb

Seeing that you had a ZR1, I think your best bet for a C4 is a 96 with the
LT4 engine.

Good Luck

Dan
89 Coupe Blk on Blk

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 15th 04, 05:41 PM
Bob G.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:50:16 -0400, "Black Bomb"
> wrote:

>Seeing that you had a ZR1, I think your best bet for a C4 is a 96 with the
>LT4 engine.
>
>Good Luck
>
>Dan
>89 Coupe Blk on Blk

=============================
I agree... the lT4 is a darn good engine...BUT I would be looking for
ANY Grand Sport ..

..IMHO it is the ONLY C4 that is :"collectable" or will hold its
value...

Otherwise I would be looking for a used C5 and live with the
depreciation ..as you drive smiling down the road...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes
Old October 15th 04, 05:41 PM
Bob G.

Old October 15th 04, 06:25 PM
Black Bomb

I agree with Bob, & I wanted to mention Grand Sport,,,but there isn't one of
those at every block. How about a Collectors Edition? I really like that
one. A Silver Bullet,,,why not.

Dan