98 ZJ Fault Code

Old September 30th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Landis

Default 98 ZJ Fault Code

The check engine light came on in the 98 ZJ so I went to Advance Auto
and got the code. It's "Transmission P1763" - Governor Pressure Sensor
Volts Too High. The Governor Pressure Sensor input is above an
acceptable voltage level.
http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm#1700
The codes on this page are for a WJ but I'm guessing they're the same
for the ZJ We cleared the code but the "Check Engine" light came on
again. What's the fix?

Thanks,
Steve
00 XJ
98 ZJ
95 YJ
Old October 1st 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

All I can do is confirm the codes for the ZJ are the same P1763.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 1st 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Landis

BTW, build sheet says it's the 42 RE Trans. Local guy at AutoZone also
works at the Dodge dealer. Told me it requires a cleaning of the valve
body. Drop the Trans pan, 10 bolts to drop the valve body, thorough
cleaning, and do everything else you need to do while the pan's dropped.
I was thinking TCM (ouch?)until I talked to him. Those shocks might
have to wait.

Steve