Indycar sims?

Old February 21st 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Indycar sims?

I see Nascar and F1 sims coming out all the time, but whatever
happened to racing sims that feature Indy cars? Have there been any
the last few years?
Old February 22nd 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Indy Car Racing II by Papyrus was probably the first sim to make racing
via the internet a reality (offline racing and handing in results). Then
there was CART Precision Racing which was a huge disappointment. Virtually
nothing since.

Now in the real world there is the fixed engine CHAMP cars and the IRL,
neither of which are anywhere near as popular as the INDY Car series was b4
the breakup! Very little market for either.

Old February 22nd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Use Nascar Racing 2003 Season with the OWL mod.

Old February 22nd 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

What is the OWL mod, and is it worth the download?

oups.com...

Old February 22nd 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

where do you get the owl mod

Old February 22nd 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

http://flog.com/mods/1024_owr_v1.exe

--
Niles Anders
FLOG Online Games
Old February 22nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It wasn't perfect, but we ran it once in RASCAR and it was a hoot.

At the time the mirrors were awful IIRC.

-Larry

ink.net...

Old February 23rd 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Wilf Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:32:22 -0800, Tim Hall >
> wrote:
>

>>I see Nascar and F1 sims coming out all the time, but whatever
>>happened to racing sims that feature Indy cars? Have there been any
>>the last few years?

> Yes, there was Indycar Series from Codemasters but it is weak in all
> areas.
> http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...p?q=indy%20car

Hey Wilf, Are you same Wilf that post in the motorportsforum.com forum?
I participate in a few SIM racing leagues, one a Nascar Racing 2003
Season cup league and another a Nr2003 GTP league. I'd like to invite
you to run with us if you do these SIM.

The GTP league goes off with about 30+ guys each week. It's all a nice
bunch of guys with good manners and respectful of each other and I'm
thinking you might fund this interesting.

Our cup league races on Sunday at 7:30 PM when the qualifying starts and
even races at Indy. I know you are passionant for Indy so I thought I'd
throw that in.

We will probably switch to rFactor sometime in the near future as the
league manager features equal those of nr2003, which should be sooner
then later.

The GTP league practices/races almost every night. Entry through VROC.

Anyway let me know and I'll get you setup. It's all just fun, hope to
see you there.

Old February 24th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's a shame to see there are no recent ones that are any good. The
most fun I ever had in a racing sim was racing down the corkscrew at
Laguna Seca in that old Papyrus game.
Old February 24th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"RickSweeney" > wrote
> What is the OWL mod, and is it worth the download?

It's a mod that models open-wheelers, but it uses modified truck physics.
It's still better than anything else.

Well, except perhaps going flat-out on the frontstretch at Vancouver in
Icr2, taking that second turn flat-out and just barely braking at the last
milisecond before it's too late into the hairpin :-)

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

How many racing sims? gse Simulators 7 December 27th 05 11:11 AM
F1 sims? What is it with you guys? Dave Henrie Simulators 34 May 5th 05 04:36 PM
New sims and old tracks... John DiFool Simulators 9 January 14th 05 09:21 PM
TrackIR and Racing Sims? BRH Simulators 4 December 21st 04 12:20 PM
Anyone use an nForce2 on-board GF4MX for sims? Kendt Eklund Simulators 5 October 29th 04 02:02 PM