Differences between GTL and rFactor?

Old February 20th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Differences between GTL and rFactor?

Im having some difficulty setting up GTL in comparison with rFactor in both
framerate and a dedicated server.

Im getting about half the framerate in GTL with much l;ower settings than
rFactor. Ive used about every combination of settings without any success.
Its not bad at 40-50fps and looks quite nice but why such a disparity in FR?
Dont they share GMotor2?

Dedicated server seems much worse also. I can host 12 easily in rFactor
while maintaining stability for almost all drivers (Europe incl) yet in GTL
its a warp fest for even 10 local (west coast) drivers.

Its very reminiscent of GTR or am I missing something?

Mitch

Old February 20th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Its very reminiscent of GTR or am I missing something?
>
> Mitch

Yep, GTL only shares the gMotor2 with rFactor. Everything else is based on
the old engine that was already in GTR.

It will be interesting to see how GTR2 turns out. I hear that Simbin didn't
license the full Motor2 engine from ISI for it, and instead have chosen to
code more themselves. They've even advertised it as all-new physics engine..
and everything that has been self coded by Simbin, has turned out to be bad
so far. They even have strange things happening with GTR dedicated non-dx
server, 1.4 had way more features than 1.5 and 1.5 wasn't enough of an
improvent to make it worth missing those features. Why did they push out a
worthless update, and why was it so late?

If the multiplayer isn't considerably improved from GTR(even the best
version, 1.4) and GTL, and as I do not have much hope in Simbin's own
ability to make decent code, I think that the mods will make rFactor a clear
winner.

--
Mika Takala

Old February 20th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I am probably wrong, but I was under the impression GTlegends was same
engine as current GTR? and Rfactor had the "newer" physics engine?

Mitch_A enlightened us with:

Old February 20th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy" > wrote in news:zEqKf.65907$bF.22668
@dukeread07:

> I am probably wrong, but I was under the impression GTlegends was same
> engine as current GTR? and Rfactor had the "newer" physics engine?

My guess is they have improved their end of the code. GTR2 will have
most of the ISI rF improvements. That means the Motor2 physics code, which
they currently have for both GTR and GTL, and the GMotor2 graphics engine
which I 'beleive' has not been available yet in a simbin product.
However, since they have invested at least some money in fixing the
multiplayer, I don't know if they will use all of the latest ISI stuff.
I would say get ahold of Tim McArthur. He runs an endurance online GTR
and GTL league that regularly has 20+ drivers.
I don't have any links...I'll see if I can drum some up.

dh
Old February 21st 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> I would say get ahold of Tim McArthur. He runs an endurance online
> GTR
> and GTL league that regularly has 20+ drivers.
> I don't have any links...I'll see if I can drum some up.
>
> dh

http://gtr.tmcarthur.net/

That will get you in touch with Tim, He has a pretty solid server and
possibly can advise you on any settings needed.

dh
Old February 21st 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks DH!

. 97.136...