Motorist fined $351 for dummy in car-pool lane

Old November 5th 05, 12:21 AM
Jim Yanik

Default Motorist fined $351 for dummy in car-pool lane

Vandar > wrote in
news
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9923640/
>>

>> Updated: 12:14 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2005
>> SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - Say what you want about police officers, but they
>> are no dummies. The California Highway Patrol gave Kevin Morgan, 28,
>> of Petaluma, a $351 citation for driving in a high occupancy vehicle
>> or "HOV" lane with a kickboxing dummy propped in the passenger seat.
>>
>> The dummy was wearing a Miami Dolphins windbreaker and a baseball cap,
>> but Officer Will Thompson noticed that the "passenger" had no legs.
>>
>> "When I looked inside his window, I thought, 'Oh, that's cute,'"
>> Thompson said. "I didn't even ask him where he got it. I think he was
>> pretty embarrassed because all the people driving by were laughing."
>>

>> Thompson often parks next to a car pool lane and stands on his car
>> door rail to look down into passing vehicles.

This guy has way too much time on his hands.

(and how is there space to PARK next to a carpool lane?)

>> His point of view allowed him to see the legless dummy.
>>
>> "I think about the only thing he said was, 'Well, that didn't help me
>> very much today, did it?'" Thompson said. "I said, 'No, it didn't.'
>>
>> Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other
>> commuters from similar schemes

Where did he get the authority to confiscate someone's legal property?

> That's been going on for years all over the country.

Yes,it's a real problem;authorities violating people's rights.
(illegal confiscation of property)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old November 5th 05, 01:41 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Jim Yanik wrote:

> >> Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other
> >> commuters from similar schemes

> Where did he get the authority to confiscate someone's legal property?

Stop worrying about the rights of criminals, you coddler.

Old November 5th 05, 02:27 AM
TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spamg

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> > Where did he get the authority to confiscate someone's legal property?

> Stop worrying about the rights of criminals, you coddler.

Wait a minute. You constantly harp about felons not being allowed to
vote, as well as people being incarcarated for drug use. That makes you
the criminal coddler, in case you're too retarded to figure that out.

Old November 5th 05, 03:14 AM
Larry Bud

> >> Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other
> >> commuters from similar schemes

> Where did he get the authority to confiscate someone's legal property?

Since when did cops need authority to confiscate private property?
They do it all the time (I'm not justifying it).

Old November 5th 05, 03:53 AM
Furious George

Jim Yanik wrote:
> Vandar > wrote in
> news >
> > laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9923640/
> >>

> >> Updated: 12:14 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2005
> >> SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - Say what you want about police officers, but they
> >> are no dummies. The California Highway Patrol gave Kevin Morgan, 28,
> >> of Petaluma, a $351 citation for driving in a high occupancy vehicle
> >> or "HOV" lane with a kickboxing dummy propped in the passenger seat.
> >>
> >> The dummy was wearing a Miami Dolphins windbreaker and a baseball cap,
> >> but Officer Will Thompson noticed that the "passenger" had no legs.
> >>
> >> "When I looked inside his window, I thought, 'Oh, that's cute,'"
> >> Thompson said. "I didn't even ask him where he got it. I think he was
> >> pretty embarrassed because all the people driving by were laughing."
> >>

> >> Thompson often parks next to a car pool lane and stands on his car
> >> door rail to look down into passing vehicles.

> This guy has way too much time on his hands.
>
> (and how is there space to PARK next to a carpool lane?)
>

> >> His point of view allowed him to see the legless dummy.
> >>
> >> "I think about the only thing he said was, 'Well, that didn't help me
> >> very much today, did it?'" Thompson said. "I said, 'No, it didn't.'
> >>
> >> Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other
> >> commuters from similar schemes

> Where did he get the authority to confiscate someone's legal property?

The article did not say Thompson confiscated the dummy. Maybe Morgan
did not want it any more.

Old November 6th 05, 05:25 AM
The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

That's the mindless drivel of s stupid sack of **** like you!
Old November 8th 05, 01:22 AM
Jim Yanik

Alex Rodriguez > wrote in
:

> Stop encouraging criminal acts, like you commit all the time. Two
> wrongs don't make a right.
> Alex

Why respond to this non-entity?

--