Racing Legends - PPU compatibility?

Old May 4th 05, 11:54 PM
Tony Rickard

"John Simmons" wrote:

> > The reality is the transporter didn't delay anything. The sim engine was
> > still in development which meant the graphics development could not take
> > place until ready. So the transporter was done in slack time.

> They should have a crapload of transporters done by now then...

In a sense, yes. Tony, who produced the transporter went on to work on
another project, Virtual RC, whilst Chris worked on the physics engine.

> I think I've been as patient about this as anyone else, but blind belief
> in this product is pretty pointless. If it is ever released, I might
> buy it, but I'm not going to stand by and let comments like Ashley's go
> un-touched. It's simply not my nature, especially if I have an already
> formed opinion.

I would suggest Ashley has inside knowledge he is unable to share with us
right now. In my view they have got their communication wrong twice. First
by giving too much too early, then by saying nothing, but like I said once
burnt...

Old May 5th 05, 03:23 AM
John Simmons

In article >,
says...
> Why does it matter to you? Move on, forget about it. Seems to me if you are
> so convinced they are all vapour you cant be too bright to be interested in
> it enough still to post about it. Face it you still want it too happen, but
> it makes you feel good to slag them off for some odd reason.Something wrong
> with people who dislike something so much that they would continue to help
> it exists by posting than just to let it go away and move on to something
> thats probably worth concerning their time with.
>
> > Lastly, I've been a programmer for over 25 years, and I've turned out a
> > number of fairly huge applications from 175,000 lines of code to well
> > over 750,000 (sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent - grin). These
> > guys are taking too freakin long to come up with a product.

> How many of those lines did you do that you wernt being paid for?

I don't reply in context to anonymous posts. Tell us who you are, and
I'll hold a conversation with you.
Old May 5th 05, 07:50 AM
Remco Moedt

On Wed, 4 May 2005 22:22:23 +0000 (UTC), "." > wrote:

>Another one who cant tell the difference between one product and starting
>from scratch on an all new one. What the hell does it matter.

Well, Mr. Anonymous....At first I can't imagine they emptied their
brains when they started RL, and second starting from scratch didn't
seem to hinder them when coming up with a estimated release date....

Cheers!

Remco

.. .

Old May 5th 05, 09:00 AM
Tony Rickard

"John Simmons" wrote:

> Lastly, I've been a programmer for over 25 years, and I've turned out a
> number of fairly huge applications from 175,000 lines of code to well
> over 750,000 (sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent - grin). These
> guys are taking too freakin long to come up with a product.

That reminds me, John, how is Duke Nukem Forever coming along

Old May 5th 05, 10:42 AM
Tony Rickard

"John Simmons" wrote:

> > That reminds me, John, how is Duke Nukem Forever coming along
> >

> I gave up on it because none of the other programmers could understand
> why I'd want a different super-detailed 3-D race hauler in every map.

Killer punch - ouch

Old May 5th 05, 12:08 PM
Bruce Kennewell

Breathing is an involuntary action, you cretin; we don't have to manage it.

Bruce.

Old May 5th 05, 04:59 PM
Jasper

I kinda suspect that was the point :O) Never mind, seems people just like to
wind oen another up on here.

Old May 5th 05, 06:54 PM
jason moyer

Larry wrote:

> We've erected the better part of a friggin' SPACE STATION in that

period of
> time. I realize they don't have to be concerned with tire wear or

physics,
> but I'm quiet sure the GRIP issue is a bitch...

Not to nitpick, but the design of the international space station
started nearly 30 years ago. I'm not sure that would be a very good
turnaround for a racing simulation.

Old May 5th 05, 10:03 PM
Larry

They are trying

-Larry

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Larry wrote:
>
>> We've erected the better part of a friggin' SPACE STATION in that

> period of
>> time. I realize they don't have to be concerned with tire wear or

> physics,
>> but I'm quiet sure the GRIP issue is a bitch...

> Not to nitpick, but the design of the international space station
> started nearly 30 years ago. I'm not sure that would be a very good
> turnaround for a racing simulation.

Racing Legends demo released !!! Doug Hook Simulators 7 April 2nd 05 06:43 PM
GTP Lives!!! Steve Smith Simulators 20 February 14th 05 04:59 AM
Racing Legends forums gone? [email protected] Simulators 13 February 3rd 05 08:29 PM
Mustang Returns to Sports Car Racing Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 0 January 29th 05 05:39 PM
Tough to Enter the Racing Sim Scene Chuck Simulators 14 November 10th 04 05:27 AM