nsr and Microsoft FFB USB wheel

Old April 18th 05, 03:52 AM
Goney-Goo-Goo

Default nsr and Microsoft FFB USB wheel

I'm having a problem in nsr (with the patch). When I setup my MS FFB USB
wheel to have seperate axis for throttle and brake, the brake is either 100%
on or not on at all. If I do combined it works fine - except that I can only
have one at a time. Anybody else have this issue, or a fix? The response
from EA was "MS has discontinued support of this controller". Thanks in
advance.

Old April 18th 05, 06:11 PM
Larry

That's a pretty crappy response from EA, but it doesn't suprise me.

Microsoft may have stopped selling the SideWinder products, but that doesn't
mean there aren't millions of them in use (there are).

The MSFFW was the #1 selling wheel most of it's lifespan.

EA's true colors show again.

-Larry

Old April 18th 05, 08:11 PM
David G Fisher

"Goney-Goo-Goo" > wrote in message
> I'm having a problem in nsr (with the patch). When I setup my MS FFB USB
> wheel to have seperate axis for throttle and brake, the brake is either

100%
> on or not on at all. If I do combined it works fine - except that I can

only
> have one at a time. Anybody else have this issue, or a fix? The response
> from EA was "MS has discontinued support of this controller". Thanks in
> advance.

Don't know what MS wheel software version you are using, but you can get
version 4.0 here about 3/4 of the way down the page.
http://www.techimo.com/forum/t47496.html Never had any trouble with the
wheel using this software.

--
David G Fisher

Old April 19th 05, 01:57 AM
Goney-Goo-Goo

I'm running version 4.0 already :|

I've tried removing and reinstalling for giggles - but it left me cussing.

Latest response from EA:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are
having difficulty.

The following controllers and wheels are supported by Nascar Sim Racing.
This information is also stated in the game's readme file.

Logitech Momo Force (Wheel/Pedals) & Wingman Series (Gamepads, Joysticks and
Wheels/Pedals)
Microsoft Sidewinder Series (Gamepads, Joysticks and Wheels/Pedals)
Thrustmaster NASCAR Pro Digital 2 & NASCAR Pro Force Feedback (Wheel/Pedals)

If you have one of these supported controllers and they are not performing
properly with the game, be sure to refer to these controller callibration
steps to setup your controller with Windows and the game."

Old April 19th 05, 05:20 PM
Rolf Wesemann

Get you the software DXTweak2 from Logitec, it will work with every wheel
and it cured my same problems. The link is:

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_so...DX%20Tweak%202

Rolf

Old April 20th 05, 01:14 AM
Goney-Goo-Goo

Thanks! This looks like it will help me out.

Old April 23rd 05, 02:19 AM
Goney-Goo-Goo

I was able to change the curve on the z axis with this utility so that it
works perfectly now. It's odd that it works fine in all the other games the
way it.I guess they took it's behavior into account.

Thanks for the help.