Route recommendations - Austin to Seattle

Old March 26th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Default Route recommendations - Austin to Seattle

Gee, the FM guys live at 5,000 feet ! Don't you think they have set up
something in the system so that the turbo will work without damaging the
engine going over the mountains ??

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old March 26th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

> Speaking of animals, I must find a home for my tortoise. It just wouldn't
> be right to take her to that environment.

Oh I don't know - I had a tortoise in London (the original one, in England)
for years and she was fine. Outdoors in summer, indoors in winter plus a
couple of months in the garage for hibernation. She's still going strong by
all accounts though the ex kept her, though I retain visitation rights :-)

Eric

Old March 26th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Ode to Pat

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Is second prize two poodle mugs?

There ya go, dissing my poodle mug. This is a very rare and coveted
item, you won't find two in one place. The prize was also for the free
shipping only, I would never let this thing go for free.

There is one person watching it, out of horror more than anything else,
I imagine. It is one of the more hideous things I have ever listed.

Still, an old coffee mug with the logo from a company that I worked at
in the early 1990's got almost $27.00 last night, so ya never know. I'll
take a tankful of gas over an old coffee mug any day.

Pat
Old March 26th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Don Bruder wrote:

> DING-DING-DING-DING! Give dat driver a seee-gar!
>
> (Rush fan of many years typing atcha - That whole album just plain
> rocks. One of their finest efforts. Eagerly anticipating their
> soon-to-be-released new one, titled "Snakes & Arrows". Check out the
> lead-off single, titled "Far Cry")

"Grace Under Pressure" was a fantastic tour. Favorite band for 28 years
now, heard them at age 9 and never looked back. I did not know that they
had a new one coming out.

It is funny, a lot of people don't even know who they are, but they were
tied with KISS for the #3 spot on gold record sales, behind The Rolling
Stones and The Beatles. With one release and another coming up since
then, I imagine that they have or will take the #3 spot.

Pat
Old March 26th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

> This one does not hibernate and they come from an arid climate. This is a
> Sulcata. (African Spurred Tortoise).

Ours is a Spur-Thighed Tortoise (Testudo graeca graeca), and she too will
live longer than us. She's in my ex's will as a result. The Graecas don't,
however, get as large as yours - 240 pounds, wow!

So what are you going to do with yours - sell it?

Eric

Old March 26th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Gee, the FM guys live at 5,000 feet ! Don't you think they have set up
> something in the system so that the turbo will work without damaging the
> engine going over the mountains ??
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

You may just have a point there. I also wonder about my friend's stock
Audi turbo. How about that Mazdaspeed Miata going through the mountains?

Are these people just screwed when they hit high altitudes? I am
doubting it. Still, I will see what I can find out.

Pat
Old March 26th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Eric Baber wrote:

> Oh I don't know - I had a tortoise in London (the original one, in England)
> for years and she was fine. Outdoors in summer, indoors in winter plus a
> couple of months in the garage for hibernation. She's still going strong by
> all accounts though the ex kept her, though I retain visitation rights :-)
>
> Eric

This one does not hibernate and they come from an arid climate. This is
a Sulcata. (African Spurred Tortoise). Transporting her is also a
problem, she is 7 pounds and growing rapidly.

Also, I will be here another 57 years or so, assuming that I am lucky
and that there are no major medical advances advancing our lifespan to
further overpopulate the planet.

With proper care, she could still be here in the year 2150. That creates
a potential problem, though not my problem. She would also weigh at
least 150 pounds at that point, the males can hit 45 pounds in just 15
years and can grow as large as 240 pounds. :-)

Pat
Old March 26th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> There ya go, dissing my poodle mug. This is a very rare and coveted
> item, you won't find two in one place.

Thank you. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.
Old March 27th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
>> Gee, the FM guys live at 5,000 feet ! Don't you think they have set up
>> something in the system so that the turbo will work without damaging the
>> engine going over the mountains ??
>>
>> Bruce Bing '03 LS

>You may just have a point there. I also wonder about my friend's stock
>Audi turbo. How about that Mazdaspeed Miata going through the mountains?

Which brings up a good question. What does the owner's manual of the
Mazdaspeed say about using less than 93 octane? Mazdaspeed owners?

There are vast regions in the US where you are lucky to find 89
octane. I know there are vast regions where you simply do not get
above 87 octane, if that. How do the owners of those cars deal with it?
Or do they simply not sell those cars in that region?

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata

Which route is this? Carl Rogers Driving 1 February 1st 07 08:23 AM
Good mechanic in the Seattle / north of Seattle area? Jacqueline Passey Honda 0 November 15th 06 09:40 PM
Following old Route 66 bessie Driving 13 July 28th 06 06:43 PM
STL to ATL alternate route [email protected] Driving 3 February 21st 06 02:48 PM
Route 23 Honda - NJ - Where is the SERVICE??? [email protected] Honda 2 September 20th 05 05:43 AM