BRG 1991 miata on Ebay - 325 total miles

Old July 9th 05, 12:02 PM
Tom

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...te/809441.html

Old July 9th 05, 04:25 PM
Craig Wagner

pws > wrote:

>He is probably dreaming at $18K, but it is over $12K right now.

Here's something else that baffles me about that auction...

He states right in the auction body that the reserve is $18k. Yet there are
seven bids for less than that amount. If you're not going to bid at least the
reserve amount, why bid at all? You're not going to win it.

--
Craig Wagner, craig.wagner(at)comcast.net
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"
Old July 9th 05, 05:02 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-07-09, Craig Wagner > wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>>He is probably dreaming at $18K, but it is over $12K right now.

> Here's something else that baffles me about that auction...
>
> He states right in the auction body that the reserve is $18k. Yet there are
> seven bids for less than that amount. If you're not going to bid at least the
> reserve amount, why bid at all? You're not going to win it.

You won't win the auction, but you might get the car. I've
known of sellers who (after the auction) sent an e-mail to the
highest bidder and offered to sell the item at that bid price.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! MMM-MM!! So THIS is
at BIO-NEBULATION!
Old July 9th 05, 06:25 PM
pws

Grant Edwards wrote:

> You won't win the auction, but you might get the car. I've
> known of sellers who (after the auction) sent an e-mail to the
> highest bidder and offered to sell the item at that bid price.

Yes, I have done that myself as a seller, though I don't usually set a
reserve on anything that I sell on Ebay.

Speaking of Ebay, I have almost finished parting out a white 1991 miata
and am about to finally tear into my wrecked '96M edition, so I will
have a lot of M1 miata parts, both stock and aftermarket for auction. I
won't spam the group with daily listings or anything like that, but once
I have a number of items up I will post a link to my auctions.

pat
Old July 10th 05, 03:27 PM
Gus

"Lotus Elise" > wrote in message
> 325 miles for a '91??? How ridiculous! Aren't cars meant to be driven? I
> clocked 8 times that amount in a single road-trip!
> THAT'S how you enjoy a Miata!

My '91 BRG which I bought at Kelly Blue Book Wholesale prices more than 5
years ago, just turned 183,000 on the clock. Its got a few dings and some
non-original parts but still runs great and gives me a smile on my face
every time I drive it (which it every day to work and any where else I need
to go). That's how to enjoy a Miata!

Gus

Old July 20th 05, 11:18 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >,
bikejog@@_@@SPAMFREE_FREEhot_baby_mail says...

>Odometer rollback? I've always wondered how my 1st hand 84k Honda drives
>much better than a 2nd hand Certified 40k Honda I once brought from a big
>dealer. I've always suspect there's a way for the big guys to roll the
>odometers back. Maybe it's just me...

Carfax might help in detecting odometer roll back.
Alex