Restuffing Seats

Old July 12th 05, 05:02 PM

Default Restuffing Seats

I recently bought a '91 miata from a relatively tall individual. I
know that for many +6' people, removing seat foam gives them more
space. I'm 5'8" and like my seat at standard height. Anybody have
advise on reinstalling the missing foam? What kind of faom is it and
where can I get it?

Old July 13th 05, 04:03 AM
Armon Tanzerian

You could go to an upholstry shop and buy some, along with a can of spray
glue, and take it all apart & add some foam back to the bottom BUT

I think better adviCe would be to just look for a set of used seats or seat
buns.

There are no shortage of M1 seats, and even more that have ratty upholstry.
If you check with some of the Mazda junkyards I would bet you could find a
pair of buns for less than the cost of generic foam, and you wouldn't have
to mess with guesstimating the thickness that was removed.

Just my .02 ! (don't ask for change)

oups.com...

Old July 13th 05, 06:11 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

are you sure some was removed or are you assuming so? I'm 6'2" and have
plenty of head room on my 92.

Good luck,
Chris
92BB&T