Yahoo! Autos Best Used Cars

Old June 20th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ðavïd[_2_]

Default Yahoo! Autos Best Used Cars

Ford Mustang

Car writers say nothing looks, drives or feels like a Ford Mustang, whether
you buy one new or used. More importantly, buying used rather than new will
help you get that retro-cool vibe the current Mustang is known for.
According to Edmunds, any Mustang made between 1986 and 2004 is perfect "if
you prefer a V8 rumble to drown out the rattles from your cheap ride's aging
interior," and you should be able to find one from that time period for less
than $5,000. Cars.com reports the Mustang is one of the top-10 most popular
used cars based on reports from dealers and private sellers.

Davïd
Greenville, NC

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...VkLWxlbW9ucw--
Old June 21st 09, 08:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

From "Duh" magazine... just joking man...

Appropriate timing.. today I just spent over 1 hour doing the ashtray fix on
my 1993. The whole car is put together like crap. Did I mention it's a Cobra
that was supposed to have been pulled off the line 3 times to check for bad.
My guys must have been out taking a **** when my car rolled by. Yip, she
goes like snot, but I can't think of one clip that hasn't busted, or
something that doesn't align and rattles. My favorite are the 5, yes, 5,
runs in the factory paint. It's too bad, cause I've never NOT owned a
Mustang and owned Fords all my life, but I seriously see why these cars
weren't given sparkling reviews. I do have a 2006 Lincoln though and it
seems pretty good after 3 years - no complaints. Ford might save its butt
yet.

Brad

. ..

Old June 22nd 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

Ðavïd > wrote in news:4e69a$4a3d1beb$d1aa92cf$32584
@PORTBRIDGE.COM:

> According to Edmunds, any Mustang made between 1986 and 2004 is perfect

I prefer mine before 1986. Who the hell is Edmunds to tell me what to
drive?
Old June 22nd 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Narthix

"Ðavïd" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ford Mustang
>
> Car writers say nothing looks, drives or feels like a Ford Mustang,
> whether you buy one new or used. More importantly, buying used rather than
> new will help you get that retro-cool vibe the current Mustang is known
> for. According to Edmunds, any Mustang made between 1986 and 2004 is
> perfect "if you prefer a V8 rumble to drown out the rattles from your
> cheap ride's aging interior," and you should be able to find one from that
> time period for less than $5,000. Cars.com reports the Mustang is one of
> the top-10 most popular used cars based on reports from dealers and
> private sellers.
>
> Davïd
> Greenville, NC

here is whole artical from
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=141346

1986-2004 Ford Mustang
Let's not forget the Ford Mustang - the car to buy if you prefer a V8 rumble
to drown out the rattles from your cheap ride's aging interior. We're
starting with the 1986 model year because that's the first year the
5.0-liter V8 was fuel-injected (third-generation Mustangs began production
in 1979). The next major generational change didn't happen until 1994 and
ended in 2004, but you'll find few cars newer than the 2000 model year for
less than $5 grand.

Virtually any online classified source will yield an abundance of
Mustang-powered rubber-smoking, mullet-flapping good times. And it can all
be yours for less than $5 large.

Four body styles were available with the V8: hardtop, T-top (up to 1993
only) and convertible. There was even an unloved but cool notchback made
famous by the California Highway Patrol and sold to the public throughout
the '80s and early '90s. It died with the Fox body after 1993.

If it were our money: The clean lines of the 1987-'93 LX - mercifully free
of the GT's side skirts, spoiler and general tackiness - are still easy on
the eyes today. The LX came with the same 5.0-liter, 225-hp engine found in
the GT. These cars could run high 13-second quarter-mile times in their day,
which was quick enough to take anything but a Buick Grand National. We'll
take ours with a five-speed: no T-tops, no ragtops.

Online sources: Ford Mustang history, Ford Mustang Forums, Mustang Heaven,
Mustang Works

eastwardbound2003 at yahoo dot com is a spam bot? anton[_1_] VW air cooled 1 May 11th 07 10:28 PM
endagering life unzip@ yahoo   whose ya daddy 96@ yahoo.com Ford Mustang 2 May 19th 05 02:03 AM
unzip @ yahoo is my kind of customer   whose ya daddy 96@ yahoo.com Ford Mustang 2 May 19th 05 12:28 AM
LeBaron Yahoo group. GAlan Chrysler 0 March 7th 05 09:46 AM
[email protected] Terry Simulators 0 November 12th 04 04:43 PM