Projector Headlights

Old January 26th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default Projector Headlights & deer

Hairy wrote:
> I'm not surprised that Warman has never had this happen. As he points out in
> nearly every post, he is much better than the rest of us and the deer
> would'nt dare.

I think it had more to do with grieving over a lost friend which is
why I was not nearly as hard as I normally would have been.

--

"Pot, thy colour is black, thy material make-up is primarily of iron and
thy criminal record is that of soliciting for the purpose of
Old January 26th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_4_]

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message
> Hairy wrote:
>> I'm not surprised that Warman has never had this happen. As he points out
>> in nearly every post, he is much better than the rest of us and the deer
>> would'nt dare.

> I think it had more to do with grieving over a lost friend which is why
> I was not nearly as hard as I normally would have been.
>
> --
>

> "Pot, thy colour is black, thy material make-up is primarily of iron and
> thy criminal record is that of soliciting for the purpose of
> prostitution." - Marc B.

Poor Dave just wanted some opinions on possible headlight replacements...
I'm sorry that I've apparently hijacked this thread.

dwight

Old January 26th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Deputy Dog[_2_]

"dwight" > wrote in message

> Poor Dave just wanted some opinions on possible headlight replacements...
> I'm sorry that I've apparently hijacked this thread.
>
> dwight

No worries, I find it rather amusing(not you getting hit by a deer), just
that in suburbia its our fault for GETTING hit by deer. Damn it I'll
remember to close the gate next time.

Dave

Old January 28th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in news:TwRel.6831$PH1.310
@edtnps82:

> To pretend it isn't the drivers fault when an incident occurs is
> sanctimonious....

I won't pretend that your opinion isn't sanctimonious, because it is. I had
a deer crash into the side of my car years ago. Was that my fault?

When I hit one last year, the herd suddenly came dashing out from behind a
parked semi into the road. Was that my fault?

These animals do unpredictable things and there is no way to be prepared
for all of them. I've seen them suddenly bound down a hill onto the
Interstate directly in front of an 18 wheeler.
Old January 28th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

elaich wrote:
> "Jim Warman" > wrote in news:TwRel.6831$PH1.310
> @edtnps82:
>
>> To pretend it isn't the drivers fault when an incident occurs is
>> sanctimonious....
>>

> I won't pretend that your opinion isn't sanctimonious, because it is. I had
> a deer crash into the side of my car years ago. Was that my fault?

Yes, you shouldn't have been there. (Stay home, you KNOW deer are
out there.)

> When I hit one last year, the herd suddenly came dashing out from behind a
> parked semi into the road. Was that my fault?

Yes, if you'd been going 32MPH you would have been able to stop.

> These animals do unpredictable things and there is no way to be prepared
> for all of them. I've seen them suddenly bound down a hill onto the
> Interstate directly in front of an 18 wheeler.

Ouch.

Old February 10th 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:41:12 -0600, "WindsorFox<[SS]>"
> wrote:

>elaich wrote:
>> "Jim Warman" > wrote in news:TwRel.6831$PH1.310
>> @edtnps82:
>>
>>> To pretend it isn't the drivers fault when an incident occurs is
>>> sanctimonious....
>>>

>> I won't pretend that your opinion isn't sanctimonious, because it is. I had
>> a deer crash into the side of my car years ago. Was that my fault?

> Yes, you shouldn't have been there. (Stay home, you KNOW deer are
>out there.)
>

>> When I hit one last year, the herd suddenly came dashing out from behind a
>> parked semi into the road. Was that my fault?

> Yes, if you'd been going 32MPH you would have been able to stop.
>

>> These animals do unpredictable things and there is no way to be prepared
>> for all of them. I've seen them suddenly bound down a hill onto the
>> Interstate directly in front of an 18 wheeler.

> Ouch.

Sounds like the law in Japan. If you take a cab and the cabbie is
involved in an accident, it's YOUR fault. If you had not hired the
cab, it would not have been where it was when the accident took place.

Hmmmmm Can I sue my parents? If they hadn't had me, I wouldn't have
grown up to be in Japan where I could hire a cab which would become
involved in an accident which would then be my fault.

How far back do we go in blaming others? Can the indiginous peoples of
the new wworld sue the Europeans? Can PETA, representing the animals
sue the homelands of the first settlers in the new world?

Should we close every roadway and outlaw cars because some squirrel
can't get out of the way? Or should we teach squirrels how to drive so
they can have an equal chance?

Accidents happen! That's why they call them accidents.
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce
Old February 15th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ironrod

Default Projector Headlights

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message
> Deputy Dog wrote:
> > Really haven't thought of it that way. Have any other suggestions? I do
> > nice twisty country roads on the way home at night and need something
> > brighter than what I have which are smoked OEM REPLACEMENTS.
> >
> > Dave

> Yes. I've done a LOT of installs and a LOT of comparisons. What I
> plan to do on my Mustang is go back to stock headlight assemblies and
> install converted HID lamps. There are some who swear that you can not
> get correct light throw with HID lamps unless you have projectors, but
> I've owned both and compared dozens and when driving I find the cars
> with the projector lenses to be the most uncomfortable to my eyes. I've
> had converted HIDs in my Titan since it was 9 months old (it's an 05)
> and I've *never* been flashed or had a complaint. The best part about it
> is that the HIDs though much brighter only use 35 watts of power. And as
> someone who once melted his headlight plugs I can say that's definitely
> a good thing. If I make a change in my lamp assemblies it will be to
> separate the hi and lo beams to two bulbs instead of one.
>
> --
>

> "Pot, thy colour is black, thy material make-up is primarily of iron and
> thy criminal record is that of soliciting for the purpose of
> prostitution." - Marc B.

My 88GT is coming up for its third mini restoration and new headlights are
on the menu. How does the HID conversion thing work?

Old February 15th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Ironrod wrote:
> "WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message
>> Deputy Dog wrote:
>>> Really haven't thought of it that way. Have any other suggestions? I do
>>> nice twisty country roads on the way home at night and need something
>>> brighter than what I have which are smoked OEM REPLACEMENTS.
>>>
>>> Dave

>> Yes. I've done a LOT of installs and a LOT of comparisons. What I
>> plan to do on my Mustang is go back to stock headlight assemblies and
>> install converted HID lamps. There are some who swear that you can not
>> get correct light throw with HID lamps unless you have projectors, but
>> I've owned both and compared dozens and when driving I find the cars
>> with the projector lenses to be the most uncomfortable to my eyes. I've
>> had converted HIDs in my Titan since it was 9 months old (it's an 05)
>> and I've *never* been flashed or had a complaint. The best part about it
>> is that the HIDs though much brighter only use 35 watts of power. And as
>> someone who once melted his headlight plugs I can say that's definitely
>> a good thing. If I make a change in my lamp assemblies it will be to
>> separate the hi and lo beams to two bulbs instead of one.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Pot, thy colour is black, thy material make-up is primarily of iron and
>> thy criminal record is that of soliciting for the purpose of
>> prostitution." - Marc B.

> My 88GT is coming up for its third mini restoration and new headlights are
> on the menu. How does the HID conversion thing work?

Get the "Bixenon conversion" for the Mustang head lights. The bulb
will screw right in to the lamp. All of the conversions I've done and
looked at have used the new style headlamp assemblies that have a clear
lens and a faceted reflector. Theoretically it should work the same with
the OEM but I havn't seen one.

--

"APEWS is an organization based in a suburb of Toronto,
Canada and their staff regularly monitors and posts to