This DeLorean: Is this deal worth it?

Old May 6th 04, 05:40 AM
Let_do_The_No

Default This DeLorean: Is this deal worth it?

Hello, perhaps some of you may offer an opinion on this deal 81 model
with questionable engine for $7000+/12K miles.

Second, what else should I ask about / be concerned about on this
vehicle? Here are the vehicle pictures and information:

Would I be OK if I bid under $10,000 for this car and fix it. The car
only has 12K miles. Thanks.

What should I ask about on this vehicle based on what is already
given? Thanks.
Old May 6th 04, 08:49 AM
Skivvy

"Let_do_The_No" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello, perhaps some of you may offer an opinion on this deal 81 model
> with questionable engine for $7000+/12K miles.
>
> Second, what else should I ask about / be concerned about on this
> vehicle? Here are the vehicle pictures and information:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2243076521
>
> Would I be OK if I bid under $10,000 for this car and fix it. The car
> only has 12K miles. Thanks.
>
> What should I ask about on this vehicle based on what is already
> given? Thanks.

SPAM !!!

Why is this Guy asking questions about his own car?

If you read the ad, you can call a Guy called Warren , & the poster is also
called Warren!!

BTW Warren, you don`t need a professional to `undust`? the car.....just a
hosepipe !!! Oh, & a tap with water .

Old May 6th 04, 12:12 PM
Reuven

I think it is quite expensive. I have one in perfect condition that
I'm looking for $20K.

Reuven

Old May 6th 04, 05:32 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >,
says...
>Hello, perhaps some of you may offer an opinion on this deal 81 model
>with questionable engine for $7000+/12K miles.
>Second, what else should I ask about / be concerned about on this
>vehicle? Here are the vehicle pictures and information:

>Would I be OK if I bid under $10,000 for this car and fix it. The car
>only has 12K miles. Thanks.
>What should I ask about on this vehicle based on what is already
>given? Thanks.

I would give the car a very, very carefull inspection before considering
a bid on it. The person posting the acution obviously knows little about
the car.
------------
Alex

Old May 6th 04, 06:04 PM
Tony P.

In article >,
says...
> Hello, perhaps some of you may offer an opinion on this deal 81 model
> with questionable engine for $7000+/12K miles.
>
> Second, what else should I ask about / be concerned about on this
> vehicle? Here are the vehicle pictures and information:

> Would I be OK if I bid under $10,000 for this car and fix it. The car
> only has 12K miles. Thanks.
>
> What should I ask about on this vehicle based on what is already
> given? Thanks.

The seller could have at least taken it outdoors and hosed it down.

Old May 6th 04, 06:07 PM
Tony P.

In article >,
says...
> In article >,

says...
> >Hello, perhaps some of you may offer an opinion on this deal 81 model
> >with questionable engine for $7000+/12K miles.
> >Second, what else should I ask about / be concerned about on this
> >vehicle? Here are the vehicle pictures and information:

> >Would I be OK if I bid under $10,000 for this car and fix it. The car
> >only has 12K miles. Thanks.
> >What should I ask about on this vehicle based on what is already
> >given? Thanks.

> I would give the car a very, very carefull inspection before considering
> a bid on it. The person posting the acution obviously knows little about
> the car.
> ------------
> Alex

Use a good escrow service too.

Friend of mine bought an '85 Jaguar on Ebay. The care was in PA, he's in
RI. The guy drove the car up.

Outside it looked beautiful but the guy was at least honest, the exhaust
system fell off on the way up. And on opening the hood we could tell the
car had been fairly well used and wasn't quite what the seller had
advertised.

No problem - he comes up here quite often anyhow. So my friend gave the
car back, rescinded the escrow and everyone was happy. Well, maybe not
the seller.

Old May 7th 04, 03:19 PM

On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:16:13 -0400, Alex Rodriguez >
wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>>The seller could have at least taken it outdoors and hosed it down.

>According to him, you need a professional to do that otherwise you
>risk damaging the stainless steel. Completely clueless seller. I
>would stay away for that reason alone.
>--------------
>Alex

Strange, quick exposure to water damages stainless steel?

I'm confused. :-P

http://www.CarFleaMarket.com

We help you sell off-line as well as online.

Am I gettin a decent deal? [email protected] BMW 2 December 1st 04 08:58 PM
Whats it worth? Adrian Plant Alfa Romeo 3 July 28th 04 08:44 AM
Looking to buy a 2001 S4 - Is this a good deal? GMan Audi 2 June 27th 04 09:02 PM
Is this a deal? 2001 S4 GMan Audi 0 June 27th 04 05:09 AM
91 Dodge Stealth good deal? Richard Cesar Dodge 2 June 8th 04 05:24 AM