1993 jeep wrangler 2.5l EFI

Old February 20th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 1993 jeep wrangler 2.5l EFI

I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a 2.5l. I replaced the timing chain,
tensioner, dampner, and both gears, and now I cant get it to fire. I
dont have any voltage going to the coil. The engine turns over fine.
Any suggestions???

Old February 20th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

First I'd like to know if it was running before you replaced the
timing chain?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 21st 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

bamakc did pass the time by typing:
> I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a 2.5l. I replaced the timing chain,
> tensioner, dampner, and both gears, and now I cant get it to fire. I
> dont have any voltage going to the coil. The engine turns over fine.
> Any suggestions???

Stupid question, but did you make sure the alignment marks on the two
cogs were lined up after you put the chain on?

Voltage to the coil is controled by the ASD relay. If the engine fails
to turn over in the first three-four cranks the computer cuts the relay.
Check every connection that you came near. Double check the fuses.

Last time I did engine work the jeep didn't start. Turns out I forgot
to put the fuse back in that I pulled to prevent the engine from starting. :/

--
DougW

Old February 21st 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The engine ran fine before I worked on it, with exception of the noise
comming from the timming chain cover.

Old February 21st 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I made sure that I had it at TDC and the marks on the cogs were lined
up. I have checked all fuses and connections but I could have
overlooked one. I will re-check everything. What is ASD.

Old February 21st 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Like this six: http://www.billhughes.com/i6_chain.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old February 21st 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Then look for a problem you may have created, like at the harnesses
you took off may be how crossed or shorted, like the wire going to
excite the alternator if shorted would kill the power going to your
ignition coil. Use a vote meter.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 22nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

bamakc did pass the time by typing:
> I made sure that I had it at TDC and the marks on the cogs were lined
> up. I have checked all fuses and connections but I could have
> overlooked one. I will re-check everything. What is ASD.

ASD (on the 93ZJ, my only reference) is the Automatic Shut Down relay.
Its job is to cut voltage to the coil in the event a sensor fails.

--
DougW

Old February 22nd 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yes, exactly.

Old February 22nd 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I will double check all connections. Thank you for your help.