Problem with both GTR demos?

Old October 17th 04, 11:12 AM
Tara

Default Problem with both GTR demos?

Hi all,

I DL'd the GTR press demo, it installed fine, but the car starts
sputtering after 2nd gear and the speed bar blinks like there's
something wrong with the engine. I tried fiddling with the settings
with no luck.

Then I DL'd the newest demo (approx. 200 mb) from two different
websites (one a zip file, the other exe). When I tried to install
either one I get "Setup file is corrupted." Anyone else have this
problem?

Tara
--
Yager review and screen shots
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
Old October 17th 04, 11:25 AM
Tony Rickard

"Tara" wrote:

> I DL'd the GTR press demo, it installed fine, but the car starts
> sputtering after 2nd gear and the speed bar blinks like there's
> something wrong with the engine. I tried fiddling with the settings
> with no luck.

Sounds like the pit lane limiter is on. Check out the controls under
options, ideally map it to a button on your wheel.

> Then I DL'd the newest demo (approx. 200 mb) from two different
> websites (one a zip file, the other exe). When I tried to install
> either one I get "Setup file is corrupted." Anyone else have this
> problem?

Rumour had it the file on http://www.sanchodezign.de/gtr/demo/GTR_DEMO.exe
was corrupt. Try he

http://www.fragland.net/index.php?pa...loads&did=1664

Hope this helps
Tony

Old October 17th 04, 04:57 PM
Mitch_A

The first one I d/l'd was corrupt (Uwe, sup wit dat?) then I went to
Boomtown and that one worked. Any of the major d/l sites and you shouldnt
have any problems.

Mitch

om...

Old October 18th 04, 01:27 PM
Talon

You have to turn off the pit road speed limiter. Try pressing the "L" key
if I remember correctly.

om...

Old October 22nd 04, 09:48 AM
Tara

Talon wrote:

> You have to turn off the pit road speed limiter. Try pressing the "L" key
> if I remember correctly.

I tried just about every key and couldn't get that damn pit limiter
light to go out. >:|

I'm going to try downloading the official demo from the site Tony
suggested.

Tara
Old October 22nd 04, 05:18 PM
Doug Olsen

> I tried just about every key and couldn't get that damn pit limiter
> light to go out. >:|
>
> I'm going to try downloading the official demo from the site Tony
> suggested.

There's probably no need to do something that drastic -- sometimes GTR
will bind the pit limiter to something goofy without telling you. Try
going into the options and resetting the binding to something sensible,
like "l", or a wheel button.
Old October 23rd 04, 05:23 AM
Tara

Doug Olsen wrote:

> There's probably no need to do something that drastic -- sometimes GTR
> will bind the pit limiter to something goofy without telling you. Try
> going into the options and resetting the binding to something sensible,
> like "l", or a wheel button.

I looked and looked in the options and could find no pit limiter.
Old October 23rd 04, 07:30 AM
Mitch_A

You need to scroll down.

m...