88 S10 Blazer 4.3 stumbles then dies

Old March 31st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
hotbloodsx3

Default 88 S10 Blazer 4.3 stumbles then dies

Hi does anyone have any suggestions, initially it takes a couple of cranks
then it starts & runs fine until idle change, then engine surges then
dies. If you try to rev it it bogs then dies. At the lowest point of the
surge the timing is retrard quite a bit. No trouble codes from diagnostic
and the CHECK ENGINE light isn't on. Sparkplugs & wires okay. Distributor
cap, air filter & fuel filter changed not to long ago. I'm going to check
fuel pressure next. Any input would be much appreciated!

Old March 31st 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Reed

hotbloodsx3 wrote:
> Hi does anyone have any suggestions, initially it takes a couple of cranks
> then it starts & runs fine until idle change, then engine surges then
> dies. If you try to rev it it bogs then dies. At the lowest point of the
> surge the timing is retrard quite a bit. No trouble codes from diagnostic
> and the CHECK ENGINE light isn't on. Sparkplugs & wires okay. Distributor
> cap, air filter & fuel filter changed not to long ago. I'm going to check
> fuel pressure next. Any input would be much appreciated!

Vacuum leak
Oxygen Sensor just starting to fail
EGR valve, but usually throws code right away
Old April 1st 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
bondo via CarKB.com

hotbloodsx3 wrote:
>Hi does anyone have any suggestions, initially it takes a couple of cranks
>then it starts & runs fine until idle change, then engine surges then
>dies. If you try to rev it it bogs then dies. At the lowest point of the
>surge the timing is retrard quite a bit. No trouble codes from diagnostic
>and the CHECK ENGINE light isn't on. Sparkplugs & wires okay. Distributor
>cap, air filter & fuel filter changed not to long ago. I'm going to check
>fuel pressure next. Any input would be much appreciated!

You just said what I would check, fuel. if fuel injected, check the injectors
and the fuel pump, carburrated, check the mixture. With an issue like this,
dont get it professionally done, theyd charge you more than its worth. ask
around with friends and get help.

--
j bondo

Old January 16th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Wes Magyar

hotbloodsx3 wrote:
> Hi does anyone have any suggestions, initially it takes a couple of cranks
> then it starts & runs fine until idle change, then engine surges then
> dies. If you try to rev it it bogs then dies. At the lowest point of the
> surge the timing is retrard quite a bit. No trouble codes from diagnostic
> and the CHECK ENGINE light isn't on. Sparkplugs & wires okay. Distributor
> cap, air filter & fuel filter changed not to long ago. I'm going to check
> fuel pressure next. Any input would be much appreciated!

Could be your Idle motor controll. i had similair problems with mine.
fixed that and its fine now course mine is an 87 with TBI