OT - interior smell

Old July 10th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default OT - interior smell

On Jul 9, 9:52*pm, John > wrote:

> It smelled like someone who sweats a lot and doesn't wash his ass.

Probably smells like my shorts do this morning.
Was out working fences this morning and a couple of the wolf dogs
start howling close by. I **** everytime I have to deal with them as
they would just love to eat me.

Randy
Old July 10th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr.SmartyPants

In article > ,
John > wrote:

> This ain't about ACVW but you folks are straight shooters so I'm asking.
>
> Oh, and it ain't a Seinfeld joke, either.
>
> I'm looking at a sporty car. Looks most excellent. Low miles (< 30K).
> Seems the owner will let it go cheap enough.
>
> It is all black and was sitting in the sun, locked and closed all day
> when I went to see it at 5PM. The sales guy opened the driver's door and
> I slid in and WHEW! It stunk like when you get caught going up the
> stairs behind someone with monkey-butt.
>
> He admitted it smelled like "something" and guessed it was from the heat.
>
> I might make a low-ball offer (well, I hope it's low-ball) with the
> condition that they have the interior freaking PURGED of that smell.
>
> My question - is it hopeless? Are some smell impossible to remove? I
> swear some are invulnerable to all but a nuclear cleansing.
>
> Tilting on saying No. God, I hate that smell.
>
> John Boy in MinneSnowta

In stinks?
--
If guns are out-lawed. Only the Out-laws & politicians will have guns.
Old July 10th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:44:25 +0200, Mr.SmartyPants
> wrote:

> In article > ,
> John > wrote:
>
>> This ain't about ACVW but you folks are straight shooters so I'm asking.
>>
>> Oh, and it ain't a Seinfeld joke, either.
>>
>> I'm looking at a sporty car. Looks most excellent. Low miles (< 30K).
>> Seems the owner will let it go cheap enough.
>>
>> It is all black and was sitting in the sun, locked and closed all day
>> when I went to see it at 5PM. The sales guy opened the driver's door and
>> I slid in and WHEW! It stunk like when you get caught going up the
>> stairs behind someone with monkey-butt.
>>
>> He admitted it smelled like "something" and guessed it was from the
>> heat.
>>
>> I might make a low-ball offer (well, I hope it's low-ball) with the
>> condition that they have the interior freaking PURGED of that smell.
>>
>> My question - is it hopeless? Are some smell impossible to remove? I
>> swear some are invulnerable to all but a nuclear cleansing.
>>
>> Tilting on saying No. God, I hate that smell.
>>
>> John Boy in MinneSnowta

> In stinks?

Pungent odours in cars are notoriously hard to remove, the most known up
here are tobaco(as in cigarettes) and Dog(as in four legged animal).
All aside from a rotting corpse, they are all almost impossible to
remove(The rotting corpse, you cant..).

So, unless you can adjust your nostrils to the newfound aroma, I would say
let it go, life is to short.

Posting here, I take it you are American, there are more than 330 Million
of you, so the likeliness of you coming across another great buy is
significant.

Your milage may vary.

J.

Old July 11th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"John" > wrote in message
m...
> Great information. Thanks, everyone.
>
> Doc mentioned carpet which reminds me that there are no carpets in the
> foot area.
>
> I will presume the smell is curable. It doesn't smell like death.
>
> Oh, it is a black, 2006 Crossfire. 24K miles. One owner. I will offer $9K
> and see what happens.

John, i can't believe no one suggested this surefire, guaranteed meathod...

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...2050&src=champ

You're welcome!!

Old July 11th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Call me STUPID. Thanks for that.

So I consulted a few car freaks at the local bar. It cost me a few
bucks. Good folks there. I asked the question regarding the stink and
got a friggin chorus from the whole bar, "IT'S A FLOOD-MOBILE".

See, we had a couple major flash floods here. Even killed a few people
and ruined a lot of homes and naturally took away a lot of cars and trucks.

So the bar mavens informed me that some rich folks get only liability
insurance on their spendy toys and if the cars are ruined, they can
trade them in on a cash basis and the title does not reflect the
insurance note indicating it was flooded.

So that's the thesis so far. To get the truth a guy would have to put
the sales manager under some kind of truth drug.

Old July 11th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

John wrote:
> Call me STUPID. Thanks for that.
>
> So I consulted a few car freaks at the local bar. It cost me a few
> bucks. Good folks there. I asked the question regarding the stink and
> got a friggin chorus from the whole bar, "IT'S A FLOOD-MOBILE".
>
> See, we had a couple major flash floods here. Even killed a few people
> and ruined a lot of homes and naturally took away a lot of cars and trucks.
>
> So the bar mavens informed me that some rich folks get only liability
> insurance on their spendy toys and if the cars are ruined, they can
> trade them in on a cash basis and the title does not reflect the
> insurance note indicating it was flooded.
>
> So that's the thesis so far. To get the truth a guy would have to put
> the sales manager under some kind of truth drug.

Check up under the dash, inside the tail lights, and other hard to get
to places. Flood vehicles usually still show signs of it. Check the oil
for any signs of water.

Very few, if any, people can detail a car well enough to rid it of all
signs of a flood.

Any sign it's a flood vehicle, I'd drop a 0 from the offer...

Les
Old August 9th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

One thing I'd do is check the car over very carefully for signs it's been in
a flood (such as rust and sand in odd places). Flood water can be nasty and
if it soaked into the carpeting and padding of the seats you may need to gut
the interior to get rid of it, never mind whatever other damage may have
been done.

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 9th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

wrote:
> One thing I'd do is check the car over very carefully for signs it's been in
> a flood (such as rust and sand in odd places). Flood water can be nasty and
> if it soaked into the carpeting and padding of the seats you may need to gut
> the interior to get rid of it, never mind whatever other damage may have
> been done.

http://www.usenet.com

We had killer flash-floods here. I consulted with some local motor heads
and they knew of two Crossfires (his and her thing) belonging to a
wealthy family. Seems they get only liability insurance and sold the
cars to the local dealer. By going that route the title won't show that
there was a totaling insurance claim.

Both are gone, maybe sent to another dealer farther from the flooded
area. I'm concerned now about other cars that went through the same.

(It was a horrible flood that killed several people and wiped out a lot
of property.)

smell geewiz VW water cooled 2 February 14th 07 12:26 AM
I smell gas! tinak Jeep 8 January 31st 07 04:46 PM
2000 Chrysler Voyager-Interior Smell JMC Chrysler 3 September 10th 05 04:21 AM
Smell of gas yk Saturn 2 July 27th 05 03:02 AM
**Gas Smell** Brian Jeep 5 March 22nd 05 02:58 PM