N4 sound problems

Old October 23rd 04, 10:40 PM
Gary Saucier

Default N4 sound problems

Hi folks, after a couple of years away from sim racing I've gotten back into
it and have started off by firing up N4 again. I'm now noticing that while
driving, I get a very odd sound, sort of like a turntable needle being
pushed across a vinyl record, every 10 or 15 seconds or so. Very irritating
and distracting. My specs:

Dell XPS w/P4 3.1 ghz processor
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in OpenGL mode
1 Gb SDRAM
Creative SB Audigy w/ 5.12.1.328 driver
ACT Labs Force RS wheel/pedal combo

I've read/heard about some sound problems with the Audigy but really don't
want to replace the sound card as I'm happy otherwise. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gary

Old October 24th 04, 12:51 AM
Dave Henrie

"Gary Saucier" > wrote in
:

> I've read/heard about some sound problems with the Audigy but really
> don't want to replace the sound card as I'm happy otherwise. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Gary

It has been a problem with Papyrus stuff since the dark ages of ICR.
Try turning down the sound hardware acceleration in the DirectX sound
screen. Run dxdiag.exe to start the directX properties. Other solutions
require messing with your system bios to increase/or decrease the
pcilatency setting. Avoid 3d sound even tho your card is quite capable.
dave
Old October 25th 04, 04:11 PM
Plowboy2

Dave forgot to add,

Get NR2003 keep up with the rest of the world, many mods avail too.
worth the 9.99 it now costs

Dave Henrie enlightened us with: