sopranos goof

Old May 2nd 04, 09:10 PM
Roy G. Bragg

Well, there was Burt Reynolds' White Lightning, where he jams a flloor
shifter int first in a 70's vintage Ford and peels out. Then when he
charges into a parking space he reaches up to shift a column lever into
Park. I know these movies are not 100% accurate, but the fun to me is
knowing the difference to spot the bloopers.
Roy

Old May 4th 04, 12:12 AM
Steve

Rick Colombo wrote:

> Movie sounds have nothing to do with reality, Never have and Never will.
> Just forget about it and enjoy the movie, that's what its all about.
> -PapaRick

Depends entirely on the movie maker's attention to detail. When they
re-made 'Vanishing Point' (not a great remake, to be honest) they did go
to great pains and spent a lot of money to get reasonably authentic
engine sounds. A '68 hemi Roadrunner was rigged for sound recording and
was the "audio stand-in" for the "Hemi" Challenger.

One mistake they did let slip through- there's an engine-bay shot in the
movie. Its the Roadrunner "sound car" engine bay- E-bodies never used
the big chrome air cleaner that was shown. That was a B-body only item.

But at least the SOUNDS were quite accurate for that flick.

Old May 4th 04, 04:26 AM
The Real Bev

Steve wrote:

> Rick Colombo wrote:
>
> > Movie sounds have nothing to do with reality, Never have and Never will.
> > Just forget about it and enjoy the movie, that's what its all about.
> > -PapaRick

> Depends entirely on the movie maker's attention to detail. When they
> re-made 'Vanishing Point' (not a great remake, to be honest)

According to the single outside reviewer at IMDB, it stank on ice. The
original is a movie I like to see at least once every 5 years or so.

> they did go
> to great pains and spent a lot of money to get reasonably authentic
> engine sounds. A '68 hemi Roadrunner was rigged for sound recording and
> was the "audio stand-in" for the "Hemi" Challenger.
>
> One mistake they did let slip through- there's an engine-bay shot in the
> movie. Its the Roadrunner "sound car" engine bay- E-bodies never used
> the big chrome air cleaner that was shown. That was a B-body only item.
>
> But at least the SOUNDS were quite accurate for that flick.

Worst is when they inexplicably use 2-stroke sounds for a Harley. Or
vice versa.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old May 4th 04, 04:33 AM
Bernard Farquart

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Worst is when they inexplicably use 2-stroke sounds for a Harley. Or
> vice versa.

Everybody knows Harley's sound like a bunch
of bolts falling onto asphalt.

'cause a bunch of bolts are falling onto the
asphalt.

Old May 4th 04, 05:46 AM
The Real Bev

Bernard Farquart wrote:

> "The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> > Worst is when they inexplicably use 2-stroke sounds for a Harley. Or
> > vice versa.

> Everybody knows Harley's sound like a bunch
> of bolts falling onto asphalt.
>
> 'cause a bunch of bolts are falling onto the
> asphalt.

Those are the old Harleys, the ones for which the repair kit is a little
box containing seven different kinds of balin' wahr. Maybe things are
different now, but I'd still pick a Kawasaki hog-clone.

--
Cheers, Bev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old May 4th 04, 07:31 AM
Bernard Farquart

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Bernard Farquart wrote:
> >
> > "The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> > > Worst is when they inexplicably use 2-stroke sounds for a Harley. Or
> > > vice versa.

> > Everybody knows Harley's sound like a bunch
> > of bolts falling onto asphalt.
> >
> > 'cause a bunch of bolts are falling onto the
> > asphalt.

> Those are the old Harleys, the ones for which the repair kit is a little
> box containing seven different kinds of balin' wahr. Maybe things are
> different now, but I'd still pick a Kawasaki hog-clone.

I thought putting the bolts back was half the joy?