Crash Test

Old February 3rd 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Crash Test

Don't try it at home!!!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=6CeaO5yZqzg

Joćo

Old February 4th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

ouch...........ouch............ouch.

Old February 4th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Just shows that all drivers of aircooled volkswagows should drive more
defensively. If people are worried about getting hurt then they pay more
attention to how they drive or we just get some of the nuts off the road.
When they keep building cars so that you don't get hurt drivers will never
learn how to drive as they should. Heck if they want to have a car so that
they don't get hurt then just buy a new NASCAR and never have to worry about
anything.

ink.net...

Old February 4th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Packrat46" > wrote in message
> [...] Heck if they want to have a car so that they don't get hurt then
> just buy a new NASCAR and never have to worry about anything.

I want the Sears NASCAR. If you break it, they replace it free.

Old February 4th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Packrat46 wrote:
> Just shows that all drivers of aircooled volkswagows should drive more
> defensively. If people are worried about getting hurt then they pay more
> attention to how they drive or we just get some of the nuts off the road.
> When they keep building cars so that you don't get hurt drivers will never
> learn how to drive as they should. Heck if they want to have a car so that
> they don't get hurt then just buy a new NASCAR and never have to worry about
> anything.

Well, if that's true, bend your mind around the following logic then:

If everyone drove a VW bug, they'd be worried about getting hurt.
If you're worried about getting hurt, you're a better driver =>
Bug drivers are better drivers. =>
The highways should be safer if everyone drove a bug.

But that logic doesn't work: Have you seen people in bug riddled Mexico
drive lately? They should be plenty afraid but are not.
That mutual destruction thing has been tried in much larger arenas and
has not worked well

So extrapolating all this, you could conclude the following:

People drive cars like morons since we've made them survive crashes.
People drove cars like morons long before we built cars to survive
crashes =>
People drive cars like morons.
Morons are people that drive cars badly =>
People are morons.

Now all we have to consider if morons' lives are worth saving by
building better cars..

(Sorry - couldn't help the geeky humor
Remco