for those who think it's 'just me'

Old August 20th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default for those who think it's 'just me'

Just surfing the CL RnR.... and there's this post:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401089977.html
What the f*** is up with all the tailgaters in this area?
Why the hell can't people ****ING RELAX! Everyone is so damn uptight and
high strung that they feel it's okay to endanger someone else's life just
so they can get to their destination 15 seconds sooner. I don't get it.
Leave on time, leave early, show up late. It's all better than someone
showing up dead or injured because of the impatience of some idiot. Every
damn day I am stuck in thick traffic with some asshole behind me
tailgaiting me so close with their big ass SUV, minivan or truck that I
can't even see their headlights. Where the **** am I supposed to go? I
can't drive any faster than the guy in front of me, but this fact seems
to be lost on the asshat behind me. How about a couple cars worth of
following distance since we're going 70MPH, eh? Is that too much to ask,
dickwad? Why oh why are people so antagonistic? What happen to calm
politeness?

And then:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401106769.html
I totally agree. The fact that their cell phone could ring at any moment
makes it all the more dangerous. What I do is let off the gas and make
them either tailgate closer or get the hint and back off, or go around.

Chicago's CL RnR often has driving related 'threads' (it's an unthreaded
system though) that if nothing else tell me my experience isn't anything
even close to special.

Old August 20th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

(Brent P) quoted:
> [...] ****ING [...] idiot [...] asshole [...] big ass [...] ****
> [...] asshat [ ... ] dickwad
> Why oh why are people so antagonistic? What happen to calm
> politeness?

LOL.

Old August 20th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Meta

On Aug 19, 5:48 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> Just surfing the CL RnR.... and there's this post:
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401089977.html
> What the f*** is up with all the tailgaters in this area?
> Why the hell can't people ****ING RELAX! Everyone is so damn uptight and
> high strung that they feel it's okay to endanger someone else's life just
> so they can get to their destination 15 seconds sooner. I don't get it.
> Leave on time, leave early, show up late. It's all better than someone
> showing up dead or injured because of the impatience of some idiot. Every
> damn day I am stuck in thick traffic with some asshole behind me
> tailgaiting me so close with their big ass SUV, minivan or truck that I
> can't even see their headlights. Where the **** am I supposed to go? I
> can't drive any faster than the guy in front of me, but this fact seems
> to be lost on the asshat behind me. How about a couple cars worth of
> following distance since we're going 70MPH, eh? Is that too much to ask,
> dickwad? Why oh why are people so antagonistic? What happen to calm
> politeness?
>
> And then:http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401106769.html
> I totally agree. The fact that their cell phone could ring at any moment
> makes it all the more dangerous. What I do is let off the gas and make
> them either tailgate closer or get the hint and back off, or go around.
>
> Chicago's CL RnR often has driving related 'threads' (it's an unthreaded
> system though) that if nothing else tell me my experience isn't anything
> even close to special.

Tell me about it! I saved both my kids' life and my own (and the cost
of a car accident with a rental car) this summer in El Paso, TX, just
by the fact that I don't tailgate. So we were driving down the
freeway when all of a sudden, this pickup truck with a trailer on it
does a 360 right in front of me! Thank God, that I had a fair amount
of distance between us or we would have been creamed by the dude's
trailer that came unhitched, not to mention all the other cars behind
us that would have rammed us. I'll tell you who the worst tailgaters
are, though, the truckers. I can't tell you how many of those guys
rode my tail drviing down to Almagordo, NM. I must admit, I was
pretty smug when the cops busted one trucker after he passed me....
that is, until I got a ticket for speeding in Carlsbad, NM two days
later. But, hey, at least I wasn't talilgating!

Old August 20th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Meta

On Aug 19, 6:02 pm, Old Wolf > wrote:
> (Brent P) quoted:
>
> > [...] ****ING [...] idiot [...] asshole [...] big ass [...] ****
> > [...] asshat [ ... ] dickwad
> > Why oh why are people so antagonistic? What happen to calm
> > politeness?

> LOL.

Because, sometimes, Old Wolf, you just gotta let it out! I was
laughing my @ off when I read this post.

Old August 20th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Aug 19, 11:48 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> Just surfing the CL RnR.... and there's this post:
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401089977.html
> What the f*** is up with all the tailgaters in this area?
>
> And then:http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/401106769.html
> I totally agree.

Ok, so it's you and two other people...

Why you think anybody would doubt tailgating occurs, but would be
convinced by your two cites, from craigslist no less, raises more
questions than it answers.
-----

- gpsman