C3 1980 Headlight Doors

Old June 12th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bill Hearn

Default C3 1980 Headlight Doors

One headlight door has to be forced up, then has to be forced down. The
other sometimes dosen't react well either.
Is there an easy fix, as in replace the actuators, or is it trial & error in
replacing different components?
Where can I start?
Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Bill

Old June 12th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bill Hearn" > wrote in message
> One headlight door has to be forced up, then has to be forced down.
> The
> other sometimes dosen't react well either.
> Is there an easy fix, as in replace the actuators, or is it trial &
> error in
> replacing different components?
> Where can I start?
> Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
>
> Bill

By "forcing it" you're not gaining anything but more expense. Go to
http://www.zip-products.com/ & get a diagram, then trouble shoot it in
a systematic way. It could be just a leaking hose or you could need a
major rebuild. Hard to guess from here so take your time, reason it
out and replace what is needed.

Zip is just one of many parts seller for Corvette so shop around for
one you feel comfortable with and dig into it.
www.riksvette.com/
www.ecklers.com
www.westcoastcorvette.com/
www.corvettecentral.com
http://www.vbandp.com/
http://www.madvet.com/

Many others but I've used all of these with no problems, prefer Rik's.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old June 14th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart[_1_]

>> Where can I start?
>> Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
>>
>> Bill
>>

>and replace what is needed.
>
> Zip is just one of many parts seller for Corvette so shop around for one
> you feel comfortable with and dig into it.
> www.riksvette.com/
> www.ecklers.com
> www.westcoastcorvette.com/
> www.corvettecentral.com
> http://www.vbandp.com/
> http://www.madvet.com/
>
> Many others but I've used all of these with no problems, prefer Rik's.
>
> --
> Dad

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html
you may want to stop here and check it out

kickstart

Old June 14th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Kickstart" > wrote in message
>>> Where can I start?
>>> Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>>and replace what is needed.
>>
>> Zip is just one of many parts seller for Corvette so shop around
>> for one you feel comfortable with and dig into it.
>> www.riksvette.com/
>> www.ecklers.com
>> www.westcoastcorvette.com/
>> www.corvettecentral.com
>> http://www.vbandp.com/
>> http://www.madvet.com/
>>
>> Many others but I've used all of these with no problems, prefer
>> Rik's.
>>
>> --
>> Dad

> http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html
> you may want to stop here and check it out
>
> kickstart

He's a bit on the high side but that gets rid of the vacuum problems.
I haven't looked at his site in years, are the conversions still
available? He does build a mean C3.

Old June 14th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:30:02 -0400, "Dad" > puked:

>"Bill Hearn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> One headlight door has to be forced up, then has to be forced down.
>> The
>> other sometimes dosen't react well either.
>> Is there an easy fix, as in replace the actuators, or is it trial &
>> error in
>> replacing different components?
>> Where can I start?
>> Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
>>
>> Bill
>>

>By "forcing it" you're not gaining anything but more expense. Go to
>http://www.zip-products.com/ & get a diagram, then trouble shoot it in
>a systematic way. It could be just a leaking hose or you could need a
>major rebuild. Hard to guess from here so take your time, reason it
>out and replace what is needed.
>
>Zip is just one of many parts seller for Corvette so shop around for
>one you feel comfortable with and dig into it.
>www.riksvette.com/
>www.ecklers.com
>www.westcoastcorvette.com/
>www.corvettecentral.com
>http://www.vbandp.com/
>http://www.madvet.com/
>
>Many others but I've used all of these with no problems, prefer Rik's.

Has anyone ever come out with electric motor replacements for that
sorry vacuum actuated device?

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old June 14th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart[_1_]

>> http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html
>> you may want to stop here and check it out
>>
>> kickstart

> He's a bit on the high side but that gets rid of the vacuum problems. I
> haven't looked at his site in years, are the conversions still available?
> He does build a mean C3.

I talked to him last year in Kissimmee, he still has the kits.
I have been thinking of doing mine. Butt lately I saw a fixed set of lights
and was wondering if they are comparable to the C-6 set up. I just cant find
out where they are available.
Ill prob just go with the electric if and when I change , nothing really
wrong with mine yet anyway

kickstart

Triumphs - File 18 of 20 - 1980 VW Rabbit cabriolet (1980-93) 1024x.jpg (1/1) guest Auto Photos 0 March 9th 07 10:26 PM
WTB: CJ5 half doors or "safari" doors. Lee Ayrton[_1_] Jeep 0 July 21st 06 09:57 PM
CJ doors on YJ Dave Jeep 2 October 16th 05 03:43 PM
2004 TJ Replacing full hard doors with full soft doors [email protected] Jeep 1 April 20th 05 06:06 PM
1981 Headlight Doors [email protected] Corvette 4 March 6th 05 02:30 PM