Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Old December 12th 15, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Tekkie®

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Ashton Crusher posted for all of us...

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:19:10 -0500, Tekkie® >
> wrote:
>
> >Ashton Crusher posted for all of us...
> >

> >> I think a lot of these "proper ways" are fine but are often simply
> >> driven by lawsuits. Some gas station repaired a flat tire, the guy
> >> then has an accident and blames the repair and gets paid "experts" to
> >> testify it was all because of that improperly done repair. No
> >> evidence that a "proper repair" would have changed anything of course.
> >> The same reason some tire places insist the new tires HAVE to go on
> >> the rear of the car leaving you with half worn out front tires on your
> >> FWD car at the start of snow season.
> >>

> >So I guess the research the tire co's means nothing to you.

> Depends on the research. They have a financial interest in anything
> that results in them selling more tires in total or more tires then
> the competition. Competing is hard, getting the gvt to mandate
> something stupid so you can make more money just takes a few lobbyists
> and greasing some palms.

True. This is not mandated by the gov't. However the manufacturers have
researched this extensively because front wheel or 4 wheel drive is now the
norm. Some where there has to be trust, because why not just slap undersized
tires on, run oil to 25k, one doesn't need that piece of plastic there, no
seat belts, etc. You make your choices then live with them.

--
Tekkie
Old December 12th 15, 09:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Tekkie®

Danny D. posted for all of us...

> Tekkie® wrote, on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:19:10 -0500:
>
> > So I guess the research the tire co's means nothing to you.

> I know this was directed at someone else, but, let's remind ourselves
> this isn't the ladies' knitting group.

Snipped because I'm tired of seeing the same reply to posts. It was directed
at you. As others have said there are some things others should do. If you
REALLY wanted to know how to do it you would have DAGS. Education is not
free. The uneducated have to pay the price. You are paying nothing but
replying with snarky knitting group answers. Grow up. The world doesn't
exist just for you. You are on the same plane as Stumped.

--
Tekkie
Old December 12th 15, 11:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:44:31 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
> wrote:

>clare wrote, on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:15:03 -0500:
>
>> Ashton is about the only guy cheaper and less intelligent than
>> DannyBoy on this group. I plonked him a long time ago so only see his
>> crap when someone answers him.

>Did you ever have tires mounted or an alignment and you watched the
>"professional" do the job all wrong?
>
>I have.
>
>So, at the very least, we all should know how this plugpatch job is
>done correctly. If for no other reason, than to be intelligent when
>we watch someone else do the repair, so that we know if *they* did
>the job right.
>
>At the moment, I think we all know *exactly* how to do the repair
>properly (following the well-established RMA procedures).
>
>We also know exactly what 5 tools and 3 chemicals to use.
>
>The *only* thing left is to see if we can intelligently second source
>any of the 5 tools and 3 chemicals so that we can use them for other
>purposes around the home and car.

Clare thinks he's the only one who knows anything or is entitled to an
opinion. Whenever someone else says anything outside his experience
base or different then he (or she) believes, his (or her) panties get
in a bunch and he (or she) starts tossing around insults.
Old December 13th 15, 01:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_4_]

Ashton Crusher wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:47:46 -0700:

> Clare thinks he's the only one who knows anything or is entitled to an
> opinion. Whenever someone else says anything outside his experience
> base or different then he (or she) believes, his (or her) panties get
> in a bunch and he (or she) starts tossing around insults.

It's ok with me as long as I learn something.

Clare, for example, corrected that the pre-buff fluid is Naptha, and
not MEK (which I confirmed with an MSDS). It's 100% naptha, which is
easy to come by for homeowners.

The only fluid I don't think I'll find in the box stores is the
black tar goop, which, from the MSDS, isn't anything special.

It's just a coating of rubberized dried petroleum.
But, it's not easy to find so far in the box stores.
Old December 13th 15, 01:36 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_4_]

Tekkie® wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:53:22 -0500:

> Snipped because I'm tired of seeing the same reply to posts. It was directed
> at you. As others have said there are some things others should do. If you
> REALLY wanted to know how to do it you would have DAGS. Education is not
> free. The uneducated have to pay the price. You are paying nothing but
> replying with snarky knitting group answers. Grow up. The world doesn't
> exist just for you. You are on the same plane as Stumped.

This is wrong. Dead wrong. But you're entitled to your opinion.
If you don't know how to do it, you don't really need to respond anyway.
I'll learn from the guys who *do* know how to do the job right anyway.

If you think for a split second that the guy who repairs your tires
gives a hoot about your safety, you're dead wrong.

They're just trying to get "stuff" through their shop.
That's it. To them, you're just another 'job'.

The proof is that *every* time I watch them, I see them make mistake
after mistake after mistake after mistake (some of which has already
been reported).

The ancient adage still holds, despite the fact you seem to think
it doesn't hold true.

If you want the job done right - do it yourself.
Old December 13th 15, 01:37 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_4_]

Tekkie® wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:33:59 -0500:

> All the time he wasted on asking questions and arguing with you he could
> have spent he could have made a freek'n tire himself. I'm surprised no one
> local to him just didn't give the tire a sidewall aneurysm.

What you're saying, in effect, is that you feel all the time *wasted* [sic]
on *thinking*, is wasted effort, in your mind.

And that's fine, because it's *your* mind that thinks that way.

My mind "wastes" time on thinking things through. Thank you.
Old December 13th 15, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Oren[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 01:36:10 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
> wrote:

>Tekkie® wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:53:22 -0500:
>
>> Snipped because I'm tired of seeing the same reply to posts. It was directed
>> at you. As others have said there are some things others should do. If you
>> REALLY wanted to know how to do it you would have DAGS. Education is not
>> free. The uneducated have to pay the price. You are paying nothing but
>> replying with snarky knitting group answers. Grow up. The world doesn't
>> exist just for you. You are on the same plane as Stumped.

>This is wrong. Dead wrong. But you're entitled to your opinion.
>If you don't know how to do it, you don't really need to respond anyway.
>I'll learn from the guys who *do* know how to do the job right anyway.
>
>If you think for a split second that the guy who repairs your tires
>gives a hoot about your safety, you're dead wrong.
>
>They're just trying to get "stuff" through their shop.
>That's it. To them, you're just another 'job'.
>
>The proof is that *every* time I watch them, I see them make mistake
>after mistake after mistake after mistake (some of which has already
>been reported).
>
>The ancient adage still holds, despite the fact you seem to think
>it doesn't hold true.
>
>If you want the job done right - do it yourself.

I'll be your huckleberry Danny. Do as you like.
Old December 13th 15, 02:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Oren[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 01:37:42 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
> wrote:

>Tekkie® wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:33:59 -0500:
>
>> All the time he wasted on asking questions and arguing with you he could
>> have spent he could have made a freek'n tire himself. I'm surprised no one
>> local to him just didn't give the tire a sidewall aneurysm.

>What you're saying, in effect, is that you feel all the time *wasted* [sic]
>on *thinking*, is wasted effort, in your mind.
>
>And that's fine, because it's *your* mind that thinks that way.
>
>My mind "wastes" time on thinking things through. Thank you.

When the huckleberries are ripe, grab your bucket and run.
Old December 13th 15, 07:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_4_]

Oren wrote, on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 18:41:47 -0800:

> When the huckleberries are ripe, grab your bucket and run.

What I love about knowing how to do something is that you
then know whether the pro is following the rules or not.

Most often, sadly, they skip many steps, mainly because they
really don't care.

But you'd never know, unless you knew enough to know.

Tire patch vs plug Terry Driving 5 January 30th 07 01:38 PM
Can you repair/patch a high performance tire? (effectively) Rob B Driving 10 April 21st 05 11:56 PM
Can you repair/patch a high performance tire? Rob B Honda 5 April 20th 05 09:57 PM
Any such thing as a good exhaust patch compound? Steve Turner General 4 March 18th 04 07:16 AM