FS: '93 5.0 - South Florida

Old July 1st 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_59_]

Default FS: '93 5.0 - South Florida

Full details:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html
Old July 1st 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

Default '93 5.0 - South Florida

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Full details:
> http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

Damn....

If you weren't 1000 miles away I'd be handing you the cash already.

That's easily a quick $4000 sale up here in MA at this time of the year.
Good lookin' car.
--
John C.

Old July 2nd 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_59_]

"John C." > wrote in news:dMxak.94$Z11.21@trndny05:

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Full details:
>> http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

> Damn....
>
> If you weren't 1000 miles away I'd be handing you the cash already.
>
> That's easily a quick $4000 sale up here in MA at this time of the year.
> Good lookin' car.

Thanks, John. You know, you could always spend the difference on a one-
way ticket and drive home.
Old July 2nd 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim C[_2_]

On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
> Full details:http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

Looking for opinions...

JUST PRETEND....

If a guy in Wilmington, DE was interested in a car like that, what
would be a good way for a guy to get a local (to the car in S.
Florida), neutral, mechanic's opinion to review the car, and find out
anything that might be a problem that I wouldn't see. I have my guy
locally who does this for me, but I wouldn't fly HIM to S. Florida...
Old July 2nd 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim C[_2_]

On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
> Full details:http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

Hey guys. Just looking for an opinion. What would be a good way to
get a trustworthy local mechanic to evaluate a car like this? I don't
think I don't want to fly my mechanic from Wilmington to S. Florida...
Old July 2nd 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_59_]

Jim C > wrote in news:9abd8949-ab23-420f-8b8b-
:

> On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
>> Full details:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

> Looking for opinions...
>
> JUST PRETEND....
>
> If a guy in Wilmington, DE was interested in a car like that, what
> would be a good way for a guy to get a local (to the car in S.
> Florida), neutral, mechanic's opinion to review the car, and find out
> anything that might be a problem that I wouldn't see. I have my guy
> locally who does this for me, but I wouldn't fly HIM to S. Florida...

Since I'm the original owner and I know the car's entire history and I
have almost all the receipts and paperwork for just about all the major
stuff, I could tell you just about anything you wanted to know.

Of course, I'm not a professional mechanic, but after living with the
car for all of its life, I have a pretty good feel for what's up with
it.

For instance, the fuel pump is original. It's a bit louder than it used
to be, but it's been that way for a good 6 or 7 years now. Does that
mean it'll go soon? Who knows. No mechanic will be able to tell you
for sure.

An alternative is to hook up with someone local, then have them give it
the once-over. That said, unless they start ripping into stuff they
probably won't be able to tell you anything that I can't anyway.
Old July 2nd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dudly

"Jim C" > wrote in message
> On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
>> Full details:http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

> Hey guys. Just looking for an opinion. What would be a good way to
> get a trustworthy local mechanic to evaluate a car like this? I don't
> think I don't want to fly my mechanic from Wilmington to S. Florida...

I would buy it, put in a new rebuilt engine, and buy that KB blower for sale
in this newsgroup put that on top.
$3,300 for the engine and $2,400 for that blower.
One nice, very fast, kick ass, car.

That interior looks perfect.

1993 5.0 8#KB

Old July 2nd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_59_]

.
> ..
>> On Jul 1, 3:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
>>> Full details:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

>> Hey guys. Just looking for an opinion. What would be a good way to
>> get a trustworthy local mechanic to evaluate a car like this? I
>> don't think I don't want to fly my mechanic from Wilmington to S.
>> Florida...

> I would buy it, put in a new rebuilt engine, and buy that KB blower
> for sale in this newsgroup put that on top.
> $3,300 for the engine and $2,400 for that blower.
> One nice, very fast, kick ass, car.
>
> That interior looks perfect.
>
> 1993 5.0 8#KB

Any AOD'd melt in about 10 seconds behind a fresh 302 sporting a KB.
Two options would be to convert to a Tremec 5-speed or just go with a
LenTech street/strip unit. I'd guess that the price difference between
the two wouldn't be that much.

I once had plans to get a crate motor and a LenTech, but those never
materialized. In its present shape, I figure around $15,000 would put
the car back close to showroom. $10k for the drivetrain, and $5k for
the rest.

The interior's got a few issues - the mirrors in the visors don't light
up anymore, and the ashtray cover doesn't open and close as smoothly as
it used to. The plastic holder around the driver's seat belt is
starting to crack, and the rubber seals around the doors are
cracked/split in a few places. No leaks though.
Old July 2nd 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_59_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Full details:
>> http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

> That is an excellent price. You should have a buyer soon. BTW, I sold
> the KB from a listing on Craigs List. The guy picked it up today.

Congrats on the KB. Yes, as soon as I lowered the price below $3k the e-
mail inbox is burning up. Only trouble is scheduling time for people to
come look at it.
Old July 2nd 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Full details:
>>> http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/car/737656403.html

>> That is an excellent price. You should have a buyer soon. BTW, I sold
>> the KB from a listing on Craigs List. The guy picked it up today.

> Congrats on the KB. Yes, as soon as I lowered the price below $3k the e-
> mail inbox is burning up. Only trouble is scheduling time for people to
> come look at it.

I figured you would get a lot of replies and inquiries. May you can
block out four hours on Saturday and tell them all to come then and the
first one to hand over the cash gets it. My guess is it will be gone in
the first 30 minutes.

The funny thing about the blower was I got a response from someone that
was part of what looked like the old Nigerian scam. They wanted to send
a certified check for $7,200 (probably on a foreign bank or funded with
a stolen credit card number) and then send the excess money ($7,200
minus $2,400) to some chick in North Carolina! I may have been born at
night but it wasn't last night.

When the Mustang is gone are you still going to hang out here?