Prelude w/ Titan alarm

Old February 12th 05, 06:52 PM
rb608

Default Prelude w/ Titan alarm

I'm reaching into the "wayback machine" here; but I need some info on an
older auto alarm system. I recently purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude that has
an (aftermarket, I think) anti-theft system installed. At this point, all I
know about it is from the window decal and the name on the remote control
device. It is branded "Titan". That's all I have on it.

I also know the car was originally purchased in Massachusetts (in case it's
a local thing).

Right now, there's no problem, but inasmuch as this device has the ability
to render my car inoperable, I'd like to know as much as possible about it
before any problem shows up. I've founds nothing of value using a Google
search (thanks to that damned Nissan pickup). I was hoping someone else in
the world had some info they could share about this thing and/or the
manufacturer.

TIA,
Joe

p.s. The Prelude's pretty cool (1995 w/ 36K miles)

Old February 12th 05, 07:14 PM
SoCalMike

rb608 wrote:
> I'm reaching into the "wayback machine" here; but I need some info on an
> older auto alarm system. I recently purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude that has
> an (aftermarket, I think) anti-theft system installed. At this point, all I
> know about it is from the window decal and the name on the remote control
> device. It is branded "Titan". That's all I have on it.
>
> I also know the car was originally purchased in Massachusetts (in case it's
> a local thing).
>
> Right now, there's no problem, but inasmuch as this device has the ability
> to render my car inoperable, I'd like to know as much as possible about it
> before any problem shows up. I've founds nothing of value using a Google
> search (thanks to that damned Nissan pickup). I was hoping someone else in
> the world had some info they could share about this thing and/or the
> manufacturer.
>
> TIA,
> Joe
>
> p.s. The Prelude's pretty cool (1995 w/ 36K miles)

id probably get under the dashboard, and remove it. then install a newer
one.
Old February 12th 05, 10:48 PM
Manny

"rb608" > wrote in

> I'm reaching into the "wayback machine" here; but I need some info on
> an older auto alarm system. I recently purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude
> that has an (aftermarket, I think) anti-theft system installed. At
> this point, all I know about it is from the window decal and the name
> on the remote control device. It is branded "Titan". That's all I
> have on it.
>
> I also know the car was originally purchased in Massachusetts (in case
> it's a local thing).
>
> Right now, there's no problem, but inasmuch as this device has the
> ability to render my car inoperable, I'd like to know as much as
> possible about it before any problem shows up. I've founds nothing of
> value using a Google search (thanks to that damned Nissan pickup). I
> was hoping someone else in the world had some info they could share
> about this thing and/or the manufacturer.
>
> TIA,
> Joe
>
> p.s. The Prelude's pretty cool (1995 w/ 36K miles)

try the forum in this site
http://www.the12volt.com/
Old February 13th 05, 04:59 AM
Seth

"rb608" > wrote in message
> I'm reaching into the "wayback machine" here; but I need some info on an
> older auto alarm system. I recently purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude that
> has an (aftermarket, I think) anti-theft system installed. At this point,
> all I know about it is from the window decal and the name on the remote
> control device. It is branded "Titan". That's all I have on it.
>
> I also know the car was originally purchased in Massachusetts (in case
> it's a local thing).
>
> Right now, there's no problem, but inasmuch as this device has the ability
> to render my car inoperable, I'd like to know as much as possible about it
> before any problem shows up. I've founds nothing of value using a Google
> search (thanks to that damned Nissan pickup). I was hoping someone else
> in the world had some info they could share about this thing and/or the
> manufacturer.

Look under the dash. You can probably find the brain module. Check and see
if there is a relay near the cluster of ignition wires that interrupts
either that "Run" or "Start" wires. Removing that relay (and splicing the 2
wires it interrupted) will disable the start bypass (if the installer even
bothered to put it in). Once that's done, removing the fuse that powers the
alarm is all that's left to do.

Old February 13th 05, 04:55 PM
rb608

"Seth" > wrote in message
> Look under the dash. You can probably find the brain module. Check and
> see if there is a relay near the cluster of ignition wires that interrupts
> either that "Run" or "Start" wires. Removing that relay (and splicing the
> 2 wires it interrupted) will disable the start bypass (if the installer
> even bothered to put it in). Once that's done, removing the fuse that
> powers the alarm is all that's left to do.

So far, I've only had a short time to look into it; but I've traced a brown
wire from the "valet switch" thru the firewall to a small cannister in the
engine compartment. Looks to be an inclinometer or smething maybe. Not
enough wires to that to be the brains though. I didn't see any other wires
from the valet switch; but they're probably tucked up closer than I could
see at the time. I'll have to spend more time on my back this weekend
looking under the dash & trying to trace what I can find.

My biggest fear is that I'll disable the alarm; but disable the ignition at
the same time.

Tx,
Joe

Car Alarm goes off at one location - post 9/11 question [email protected] Technology 10 February 16th 05 02:02 AM
Clifford Alarm Draining my Battery? Eric McCaughrin Technology 1 January 21st 05 02:21 AM
98 Civic alarm... Sean Dinh Honda 5 January 10th 05 07:57 AM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
'00 A6 Alarm System odd behavior Glenn Spence Audi 5 August 3rd 04 06:44 PM