Advice pls, what car to get?

Old August 4th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Eric D

Default Advice pls, what car to get?

Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.

It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.

I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
maintainance.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

thanks for all your thoughts
Eric
Old August 4th 09, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"Eric D" > wrote in message
> Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.
>
> It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
> gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.
>
> I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
> maintainance.

Try a Honda Accord.

Old August 4th 09, 11:51 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
fred

Eric D > wrote in :

> Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.
>
> It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
> gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.
>
> I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
> maintainance.

The most important thing is to make sure the present owner hasn't
*skipped* any maintenance in the manual. Look at the manual for
maintenance records. If none, go elsewhere.

Old August 5th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Eric D

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:20:13 GMT, "krp" > wrote:

>"Eric D" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.
>>
>> It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
>> gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.
>>
>> I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
>> maintainance.

> Try a Honda Accord.

Yes, thanks. I was looking at them but the V-6 doesn't seem to be in
my price range given other considerations. Is not the standard 166HP
gutless given the automatic transmission?

Please let me know.

Any other suggestions?

thanks
Eric
Old August 5th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Eric D

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:55:20 GMT, Eric D > wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:20:13 GMT, "krp" > wrote:
>

>>"Eric D" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.
>>>
>>> It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
>>> gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
>>> maintainance.

>> Try a Honda Accord.

>Yes, thanks. I was looking at them but the V-6 doesn't seem to be in
>my price range given other considerations. Is not the standard 166HP
>gutless given the automatic transmission?
>
>Please let me know.
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>thanks
>Eric

Actually I just saw some in the local buy and sell that are in the
price range but mileage is higher than what I'm looking for. I know I
may have to readjust my standards or my price but what else should I
be looking at? Are there any very well made 4 cylinder turbos or
super chargers that I should consider?
Old August 5th 09, 08:53 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
pingeek

Whatever you get, avoid Honda, unless they have changed over the years
regarding the engine.
I had a 1990 Accord, and like my Maxima before that, cut on the AC,
and you get no pickup whatsoever. Not a good thing if you are on the
highway and need that acceleration.

I have a Dodge Caravan, and although it's a minivan, great pickup,
smooth ride. Maybe there's a Dodge something out there for your
parents?

Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

Old August 5th 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"Eric D" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:20:13 GMT, "krp" > wrote:
>

>>"Eric D" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Hi, I'm looking for a car for my parents.
>>>
>>> It should be used and under $20K, mid size sedan(not hatchback), not
>>> gutless and still under warrantee with automatic transmission.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for the best value for the money, well made and low
>>> maintainance.

>> Try a Honda Accord.

> Yes, thanks. I was looking at them but the V-6 doesn't seem to be in
> my price range given other considerations. Is not the standard 166HP
> gutless given the automatic transmission?

I have a Honda CR-V with a 4. It seems to go fast enough for me. I traded in
a 2005 Chrysler 300.

Old August 5th 09, 11:22 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"pingeek" > wrote in message

> Whatever you get, avoid Honda, unless they have changed over the years
> regarding the engine.

Not according to ANY of the reporting publications such as Powers,
Consumer Reports and the like. I have a Honda and it is rock solid. Honda
has about the highest resale value on the road. It is not because there are
any REAL issues with their engines or anything else.EVERY car on the road
(even Rolls Royce) has had recalls. Honda has had fewer than most.

Old September 17th 09, 08:13 AM
pattinsonrobert pattinsonrobert is offline
Junior Member

Hi Everyone..

It's pleasure to be a part of your forum. I love to try also what you are discussing here. Thanks!
Old December 18th 09, 12:35 PM
kin66852 kin66852 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation trend

In 2003, Liz Claiborne Inc. To 53 million U.S. dollars acquisition of Travis Jeans Inc., Indirectly bought part of Travis's Juicy Couture.Juicy Couture clothing in recent years, the love of ladies, their products are a lot of towel material, The class heroine who. In 1999.Juicy handbags Jeans series, the success of the casual wear market,and other products to adopt Ms. bath supplies, such as footwear, handbags and jewelry ornaments. The cheap Juicy Couture is also close to the trend with a public fashion juicy couture tracksuits products are still the two young women from the handwriting. In fact, the Juicy Couture accessories to sell Juicy want Liz with the financial.

Help! - Need some Advice.... No Name Saturn 4 June 6th 07 06:31 PM
In need of advice [email protected] Technology 8 May 11th 07 06:40 PM
Need Advice [email protected] Technology 5 January 6th 07 02:28 AM
Looking for advice KWS Audi 4 November 14th 06 04:44 AM
ac advice please Arul Mazda 2 July 5th 06 05:07 PM