It's beginning to look a lot like Chaos.

Old December 16th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Default It's beginning to look a lot like Chaos.

The KC area received about 3" of snow today, making today's holiday
shopping trip an experience of Driving in a Winter Blunderland. I
call it that because KC drivers are idiots in snow, especially the
first accumulating snowstorm of the season. I didn't think the snow
was that bad compared to the earlier ice storm, and also since St.
Louis was hit harder. However...

Conditions outside are heinous,
A royal pain in the anus.
With the traffic hazards I saw,
Let it that, let it thaw, let it thaw.

OK, enough of the carol-butchering.

My drive was local, within 5 miles of home. The freeways were not all
that bad; I had my Jeep in 4HI and found 45-50 a comfortable speed
(posted SLs of 65 and 55 depending on location). Was passed by
several pickups and an 18-wheeler contending for a GPSTroll Award, but
I digress. The ramps sucked! A good speed on the ramps was 20-25.

Got off for the first shop-stop, and the city thoroughfares were
nasty. Traffic was backed up due to waiting on an ambulance to pass
and use the opposite-direction lanes to make a left turn.

The only loss of traction I had was exiting the parking lot after the
stop, and that was just momentary: let off the gas, no biggie.

Got to the second and final stop, and the amount of traffic was huge
for the conditions.

After finishing the trip, when entering the drive into the complex, I
saw a Mustang that had failed to finish climbing the hill (about 5-6%
slope). I was climbing it OK, and saw the driver get out and give
some sort of hand signal. I think it was waving traffic around. It
did appear that the driver saw my Jeep and thought I could give the
Mustang a push...but the higher construction meant that my bumper
would have caused damage to the Mustang's trunk. The Mustang driver
was turning around as I was finishing the climb up the hill.

Other than the ambulance and the Mustang, there were no other
incidents seen on the trip. My timing must have been right.

Now Scott can remember what he's missing by being in S. CA.
Old December 16th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

MLOM:
> Now Scott can remember what he's missing by being in S. CA.

And what we don't have to deal with in S. GA. ;-P

--
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS supports the troops again:
"Screw that 'he's just doing his job' justification. That's what the

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS
(A.k.a: LBMHB/lb-VH/am/POA etc...)
1/7/2007, 1118 hours.

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/y7c5ah
Message ID:
Old December 16th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 16, 10:07 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:33:05 -0800 (PST), MLOM >
> wrote:
>
> >Now Scott can remember what he's missing by being in S. CA.

> I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob.

Not up to the challenge anymore, Scott? Oh, that's right, you have
plenty of hazards with unstable ground (slides & quakes) and fires.

What's with the "Bob" bit? That's about like CahRah calling you
"Dave." Certainly you haven't converted to Viatology.
Old December 16th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

MLOM wrote:
>On Dec 16, 10:07 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:33:05 -0800 (PST), MLOM >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Now Scott can remember what he's missing by being in S. CA.

>> I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob.

>Not up to the challenge anymore, Scott? Oh, that's right, you have
>plenty of hazards with unstable ground (slides & quakes) and fires.
>
>What's with the "Bob" bit? That's about like CahRah calling you
>"Dave." Certainly you haven't converted to Viatology.

It's a quote from "Office Space."

I ordered my red swingline from ThingGeek last week.

--

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy
Old December 17th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Scott in SoCal:
> >What's with the "Bob" bit?

> Ever see the movie "Office Space?"
>
> http://imdb.com/title/tt0151804/usercomments?start=10
>
> There's one scene where the "consultants" (both of whom are named
> "Bob") make the comment "you've been missing a lot of work lately."
> The protagonist responds "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."
> All three of them laugh.
>
> If you haven't see it, do yourself a favor and rent it tonight.

Praises be unto Allah! For a few tense moments, we were afraid that you
had indeed converted to Viatology....

--
"Go f*ck yourself! You are a useless armchair quarterback, as far as I
am concerned." --Carl Rogers, 3/9/2007

Ref: http://snipurl.com/1fzbf
Msg ID:
Old December 17th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott in SoCal wrote:
>On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:19:02 -0800 (PST), MLOM >
>wrote:
>
>>On Dec 16, 10:07 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

>>> I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob.

>>Not up to the challenge anymore, Scott?

>I could still do it if I wanted to. I just don't want to.
>
>>What's with the "Bob" bit?

>Ever see the movie "Office Space?"
>
>http://imdb.com/title/tt0151804/usercomments?start=10
>
>There's one scene where the "consultants" (both of whom are named
>"Bob") make the comment "you've been missing a lot of work lately."
>The protagonist responds "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."
>All three of them laugh.

Ah, the path to promotion.... =))

Notice I'm not at work, either, and I'm not exactly missing it. :-)

>If you haven't see it, do yourself a favor and rent it tonight.

Parts of it serve as a *fantastic* documentary, and should be required
viewing for anyone who works in an office.

Old December 17th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 17, 12:29 am, necromancer
> wrote:
> Scott in SoCal:
>
> > >What's with the "Bob" bit?

> > Ever see the movie "Office Space?"

> >http://imdb.com/title/tt0151804/usercomments?start=10

> > There's one scene where the "consultants" (both of whom are named
> > "Bob") make the comment "you've been missing a lot of work lately."
> > The protagonist responds "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."
> > All three of them laugh.

> > If you haven't see it, do yourself a favor and rent it tonight.

> Praises be unto Allah! For a few tense moments, we were afraid that you
> had indeed converted to Viatology....
>
> --

IAWTP. It could have been worse...the worst-case scenario is a
conversion to (Aunt) Judyism.

--

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) admits to being a
pedophile coddler:

"The biggest threat to your kids is not pedophiles, but speeders and
drunk drivers."

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 28 October 2007
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...220f0f9eb0c3bf

Old December 17th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Old December 18th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

MLOM wrote:
>On Dec 17, 12:29 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
>(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
>> Scott in SoCal wrote:

>> >I could still do it if I wanted to. I just don't want to.

>> >Ever see the movie "Office Space?"

>> >http://imdb.com/title/tt0151804/usercomments?start=10

>> >There's one scene where the "consultants" (both of whom are named
>> >"Bob") make the comment "you've been missing a lot of work lately."
>> >The protagonist responds "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."
>> >All three of them laugh.

>> Ah, the path to promotion.... =))
>>
>> Notice I'm not at work, either, and I'm not exactly missing it. :-)
>>
>> >If you haven't see it, do yourself a favor and rent it tonight.

>> Parts of it serve as a *fantastic* documentary, and should be required
>> viewing for anyone who works in an office.
>>
>> --

I forgot about that, and IAWTP. :-)

--

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy

This is the beginning of my addiction! Duncan Craig Auto Photos 0 April 25th 07 02:51 AM
Chaos [email protected] Technology 0 April 12th 07 01:23 AM
Video: Total Traffic Chaos.... [email protected] Driving 1 February 1st 07 06:22 PM
Slick 50 - FROM THE BEGINNING? Rebecca Webb Technology 53 March 24th 05 02:30 PM