Still Grinning

Old November 20th 08, 02:26 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
john

Default Still Grinning

Got to transport a NEW 760Li V12 tonight and I'm still grinning. I'm cutting
out $135K out of my first million and buying one. You guys know how to live.
Imagine a Towncar with Porsche suspension and Corvette performance. What a
ride! ANd for all you guys not happy with the center shifter, its back up on
the column along with the other 3 levers. My only complaint was the buttons
on the inside drivers console. Dialing up the seat temp while driving for a
big guy like me can be dangerous. Too bad I couldn't fire up a Cuban while
rolling tonight, life would have been perfect.
Big Smoke Dan

Old November 20th 08, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:26:58 -0500, "john" > wrote:

>Got to transport a NEW 760Li V12 tonight and I'm still grinning. I'm cutting
>out $135K out of my first million and buying one. You guys know how to live.
>Imagine a Towncar with Porsche suspension and Corvette performance. What a
>ride! ANd for all you guys not happy with the center shifter, its back up on
>the column along with the other 3 levers. My only complaint was the buttons
>on the inside drivers console. Dialing up the seat temp while driving for a
>big guy like me can be dangerous. Too bad I couldn't fire up a Cuban while
>rolling tonight, life would have been perfect.
>Big Smoke Dan

It's NOT the new one but the outgoing model - same as mine E65.

The new one has the console shifter and NO V12 engine but a nice twin turbo V8.

Sir Hugh of Bognor

--
I used to be an Egotistical Meglomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!

Hugh Gundersen

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK

Old November 20th 08, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:26:58 -0500, "john" > wrote:
>
>>Got to transport a NEW 760Li V12 tonight and I'm still grinning. I'm
>>cutting
>>out $135K out of my first million and buying one. You guys know how to
>>live.
>>Imagine a Towncar with Porsche suspension and Corvette performance. What a
>>ride! ANd for all you guys not happy with the center shifter, its back up
>>on
>>the column along with the other 3 levers. My only complaint was the
>>buttons
>>on the inside drivers console. Dialing up the seat temp while driving for
>>big guy like me can be dangerous. Too bad I couldn't fire up a Cuban while
>>rolling tonight, life would have been perfect.
>>Big Smoke Dan
>>

> It's NOT the new one but the outgoing model - same as mine E65.
>
> The new one has the console shifter and NO V12 engine but a nice twin
> turbo V8.

LOL!

> Sir Hugh of Bognor
>
> --
> I used to be an Egotistical Meglomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!
>
> Hugh Gundersen
>

> Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK

Reminds me of a trip to the west coast in 1985. There was a billboard with
an ad for the BMW 635 on it. One of the US engineers pined and said "I wish
I had a car like that". My none to subtle boss responds - "well he's got
one" pointing at me. Actually I had a 735, but what is a couple of doors
between friends. Can't say the episode did much to improve transatlantic
relations...

Old November 20th 08, 08:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

R. Mark Clayton > wrote:

>Reminds me of a trip to the west coast in 1985. There was a billboard with
>an ad for the BMW 635 on it. One of the US engineers pined and said "I wish
>I had a car like that". My none to subtle boss responds - "well he's got
>one" pointing at me. Actually I had a 735, but what is a couple of doors
>between friends. Can't say the episode did much to improve transatlantic
>relations...

One of the managers at work has a late-model 7-series. I pulled up in
the E28 a while ago and he looked at it and said, "Wow, you've got a
REAL ONE." I didn't have the heart to mention the 2002 either.
--scott