force feedback

Old November 26th 04, 06:03 PM
tango

Default force feedback

howdy peeps,
im looking for a couple of games with good feedback effects(NOT rumble
and shake effects) for my nephews xmas present. so far pro race driver 2
(with tweaked settings) gives good effects. whats your thoughts on
flatout and cmr2005. richard burns effects are awesome but the games a
little too hard(he`s only 9 !). downloaded rallisport challenge demo
overnight and the effects suck big time so thats a no go.
TIA
Tango
ps i wouldnt be seen dead playing those games myself ! (well except
flatout)
Old November 26th 04, 06:45 PM
Alan Bernardo

"tango" <nigeldobcrossATclaraDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
. 209...
> howdy peeps,
> im looking for a couple of games with good feedback effects(NOT rumble
> and shake effects) for my nephews xmas present. so far pro race driver 2
> (with tweaked settings) gives good effects. whats your thoughts on
> flatout and cmr2005. richard burns effects are awesome but the games a
> little too hard(he`s only 9 !). downloaded rallisport challenge demo
> overnight and the effects suck big time so thats a no go.
> TIA
> Tango
> ps i wouldnt be seen dead playing those games myself ! (well except
> flatout)

Try Xpand Rally. The ff effects are very good, I think.

Alanb

Old November 26th 04, 08:59 PM
tango

hi,
xpand rally is not a UK release,sorry for not stating im in the UK.
Tango
Old November 26th 04, 10:37 PM
Andi Cole

This might sound ambitious for a 9 year old but how about GTR (German
version from ebay is easy to get hold of and there's a very good mod to
convert most of it to English).

The advantage that GTR has is that it's not really competitive. You can come
last in the races but have fun trying, and the sounds, he'd love just
tearing around with the Ferraris, Lambos etc. Most of the other games you
mention havce 'targets' to reach before you can progress could be very
frustrating.

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

. 207...

Old November 27th 04, 03:01 PM
Byron Forbes

CMR2 sounds about what you want if you can get in in a bargain bin or
something. Not too hard but the FF is very immersive and impressive. Well,
it and the FF got me back into simming again anyway!

Old November 27th 04, 07:48 PM
Michael R Sisson

In article > , tango
<nigeldobcrossATclaraDOTcoDOTuk> says...
> howdy peeps,
> im looking for a couple of games with good feedback effects(NOT rumble
> and shake effects) for my nephews xmas present. so far pro race driver 2
> (with tweaked settings) gives good effects. whats your thoughts on
> flatout and cmr2005. richard burns effects are awesome but the games a
> little too hard(he`s only 9 !). downloaded rallisport challenge demo
> overnight and the effects suck big time so thats a no go.
> TIA
> Tango
> ps i wouldnt be seen dead playing those games myself ! (well except
> flatout)

1nsane by Codemasters? It's been a long time since I've played it so I
can't recall whether the FF is what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure
it isn't just BBBBZZZT-BZZZT-BZZZT or WOBBLE-WOBBLE effects though.

Fun fun game though. It ought to be right up a nine year olds alley.

MRSisson
--
LOAD "GPL",8,1
RUN
Old November 28th 04, 12:20 PM
Milan Pollé

"tango" <nigeldobcrossATclaraDOTcoDOTuk> schreef in bericht
. 209...
> howdy peeps,
> im looking for a couple of games with good feedback effects(NOT rumble
> and shake effects) for my nephews xmas present. so far pro race driver 2
> (with tweaked settings) gives good effects. whats your thoughts on
> flatout and cmr2005. richard burns effects are awesome but the games a
> little too hard(he`s only 9 !). downloaded rallisport challenge demo
> overnight and the effects suck big time so thats a no go.
> TIA
> Tango
> ps i wouldnt be seen dead playing those games myself ! (well except
> flatout)

Both NFS Porsche 2000 and Mercedes World Racing have enjoyable FF effects,
are very easy going games and can be found in the bargain bin. With MWR you
can drive all over the scenery which is a lot of fun, it looks great as
well.

Avoid the more recent NFS games. I agree on CMR2 having nice FF as well,
it's also cheap.

Grand Prix Legends teaches you to drive very neatly/precisely. My wife is
good at that, at a low speed (even though she doesn't play games often), I
tend to drive too fast and crash :^)

Old November 28th 04, 06:11 PM
Larry

I still say the best force-feedback implementation is a tie between GPL and
Viper Racing.

GPL is amazing especially since it was an afterthought add-on that came like
a year after the Sim was released. The addition of force-feedback finally
gave me the ability to drive it. Not well, but at least I could drive it

-Larry

Old November 28th 04, 09:06 PM
tango

hi,
well i downloaded mcrae 5 demo and that is shockingly bad,why do ppl
still buy that ****e? flatout is ok but why the traction control which
apparently cant be switched off in the full game? but the real suprise
to me was mercedes world racing, great fun and superb ffb effects.
especially liked the go anywhere aspect,if i can find it he`ll love that
game,might even burn a copy for myself(shhhh!)
is there any good sites concerning ffb wheels,games and tweaks? if not
why not cos its a real shock to download a recent release demo like cmr5
and find that the ffb is non existent. why do the reviews in mags and
game sites not mention the ffb and how it makes a average game into one
worth buying.
i think burns rally,gpl and the isi `sims` are the benchmark for ffb,so
come on developers pull your fingers out so we can make the most of our
expensive `toys` !
Tango
Old November 29th 04, 06:07 PM
tango

> i think burns rally,gpl and the isi `sims` are the benchmark for ffb

ooops i forgot LFS )
Tango

4 cylinder feedback Brian Jeep 9 January 3rd 05 12:15 AM
ATI vid card feedback please. V \fnugen\ Simulators 10 October 18th 04 01:12 AM
FS: John Force "Racing With Castrol" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 2nd 04 03:53 AM
Pulling Force g3_josh 4x4 18 January 21st 04 07:11 PM