1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Old August 25th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

I used the 'drill down' method to get to that last page. I was
specifically looking for a 93 so that is what I got. The bottom is a
nice little extra about what it cross references with I believe.

Mike

Old August 26th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

Thanks for the link! I remember this site from an earlier
conversation but didn't have the link.

Yeah, I wish they would. Hell, I took them a pull from a 95 to test
with two days ago and they promised me they would test it the next
morning and still haven't done anything!

I'm frustrated out of my mind already dealing with this place, the
body shop and the insurance. I told my lawyer I want action and
resolution this week.

As you can guess from my other posted question. One way or the other I
am going to get a running vehicle and if I have to buy a new one, I'm
going to start suing everyone!

Thanks again Mike!
`Casper

Old August 27th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Peter Parker

In article >,
Casper > wrote:
>Well, my jeep is still in the shop. The techs scrambling to replace
>the replacement PCM. So, I've started considering alternatives...
>
>I'd like to hear information and opinions on two other cars I am
>considering purchasing as a jeep replacement. My primary concerns are
>comfort (I have back/neck issues), decent cargo space and economy.
>Any comments on the PT Cruiser and Scion Xb? FYI, my husband hated the
>Scion until we test drove one and now he prefers it to the PT.
>
>Thanks!
>`Casper

HUH?!?!?!?!

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old September 10th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

I finally got my jeep back and it's running!

After hours upon hours of discussions, phone call after phone call and
arguing between insurance co, attorney, repair place and myself, they
finally replaced my computer with a new one, per the insurance
company. It is now running fine, as before the accident. I'll never
understand why they didn't just replace it with a new one to begin
with and avoid all the hassle and added expense!!

Now I have to assess the rest of the jeep because it's taken a beating
being parked outside in all kinds of weather over the last 10-11 mos.

Anyone ever replace the front hood pull? Can anyone tell me how
difficult it is? My front hood release handle (plastic) has cracked
off and the jeep dealer wants over $240 to replace it.
Old September 10th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Casper wrote:
> I finally got my jeep back and it's running!
>
> After hours upon hours of discussions, phone call after phone call and
> arguing between insurance co, attorney, repair place and myself, they
> finally replaced my computer with a new one, per the insurance
> company. It is now running fine, as before the accident. I'll never
> understand why they didn't just replace it with a new one to begin
> with and avoid all the hassle and added expense!!
>
> Now I have to assess the rest of the jeep because it's taken a beating
> being parked outside in all kinds of weather over the last 10-11 mos.
>
> Anyone ever replace the front hood pull? Can anyone tell me how
> difficult it is? My front hood release handle (plastic) has cracked
> off and the jeep dealer wants over $240 to replace it.

The hood pull is just a few bolts.
The only hard part is if the cable breaks before you have the hood
open.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old September 10th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

LOL
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

>"DougW" was heard to say...
>
>The hood pull is just a few bolts.
>The only hard part is if the cable breaks before you have the hood
>open.

I would imagine so.
Avalable after-market? Dealer is saying part is over $100. /sigh
Old September 11th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Or a new vice grip handle.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Here are a few online sources, some local dealers will match prices.

http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214295

http://jeeppartspeople.com/

http://allchryslerparts.com/

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214272

https://www.1stjeepparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

http://car-part.com/index.htm

news

Old September 11th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Casper wrote:
>> "DougW" was heard to say...
>>
>> The hood pull is just a few bolts.
>> The only hard part is if the cable breaks before you have the hood
>> open.

> I would imagine so.
> Avalable after-market? Dealer is saying part is over $100. /sigh

billy ray posted a lot of links. I'd start looking there.

Stick with OEM or check napaonline.com simply because the
"one size fits all" aftermarket tend to break.

When you check with a parts counter make sure they don't have
it as a sub-assembly. Sometimes they try to sell the whole assembly
when there are sub parts they can sell.

The other option is to gather the bits and try some Gorrilla Glue.
no kidding, that stuff is some insane glue. Used it to fix one of
my A/C knobs. A little aluminum from a guiness can as a backer and
it's good as new again.

http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knobface.jpg
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knobass.jpg
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knob-guinness.jpg

Another option is ye olde junk yard. Try to find a rollover
or other ZJ up to 95. (I think)

--
DougW