New Magazine Announced!

Old June 5th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default New Magazine Announced!

June 5, 2006

We are proud to announce a new magazine dedicated to sim-racing and
sim-racers. The inaugural issue of VirtualMotorsports is scheduled for
June 28, 2006. The magazine's co-founders, Christoph Schirmer and
Bruce Saltzman, have vast experience in the professional publishing
arena and have for many years been actively contributing to the
community-based development of sim-racing.

Christoph is co-founder and president of FILSCA, the global association
of online racing leagues and the home of FMI, the first and most
comprehensive automated league system. In addition to being a
co-founder and the publisher of AUTOSIMSPORT, he has also been its
occasional author.

Bruce Saltzman is a graphics and publishing professional with almost 20
years of industry experience and also has an extensive background in
advertising and marketing. Since 2001, he has been a member of Team
McPherson Racing. He took over the design and production of
AUTOSIMSPORT in July 2005. He was responsible for the development of
the magazine's classic layout which contributed highly, not only to
its current visibility, but also to its standing with industry
partners. In May 2006, both Christoph and Bruce resigned from their
positions with AUTOSIMSPORT.

While the plan is to continue with the tradition of reporting on the
issues that you want to read about, we are planning somewhat of a
departure from the usual format. This will include tight integration
between the magazine and a companion web site, which is planned to be
launched soon. We shall do our best to offer you a format which brings
you all the knowledge and information fit to publish about sim-racing.

For those that would like to participate in building an exciting new
environment for sim-racing as news or feature contributors, please let
us know by using the contact info below.

VirtualMotorsports Racing Magazine

Publishers and Co-founders:
Christoph Schirmer
Bruce Saltzman

For further information, contact:

Old June 6th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Bruce Saltzman" > wrote in
oups.com:

> For those that would like to participate in building an exciting new
> environment for sim-racing as news or feature contributors, please let
> us know by using the contact info below.
>
> VirtualMotorsports Racing Magazine
>
> Publishers and Co-founders:
> Christoph Schirmer
> Bruce Saltzman
>
> For further information, contact:

EEK it's Champcar vs irl, ALMS vs Grand Am!
just kidding.
best of luck.

dh