Racing Legends cancelled.

Old August 24th 05, 12:39 AM
Rusty Unger

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 03:29:59 GMT, reggie white >
wrote:

>The West Brothers have announced what most of us already knew. Racing
>Legends is officially cancelled.

What is the source???????????? Because I have other email to prove
other wise....

Hi Russell

Yes still alive thanks. Regarding the website we took a conscious
decision to stop publically discussing RL as it caused more grief than
it was worth (5 minutes to update a couple of weeks dealing with
fallout!) so we are now just happily getting on with it and enjoying
every moment of it.

As far as being the laughing stock of the communtiy goes I am pretty
sure I am not going to lose any sleep over it :O) The community likes
to have someone to vent their dissapprovement and frustration at so it
might as well be us so I think its best if we just let them have their
fun, stay quiet and just continue working. When its done if people
still think we are funny then at least then they will have something
to base their opinions on.

All the best.

Tony
Old August 24th 05, 01:25 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Gregor Veble" wrote...
> No

Ok, another malicious Racing Legends rumour gets consigned to the virtual
binary graveyard. Thanks Gregor.

Jan.
=---

Old August 24th 05, 04:21 AM

You're welcome, son. When you're old enough to understand, I'll
explain what it means.

Old August 24th 05, 04:24 AM

Again, RedTed.. You said that Racing Legends was cancelled in 2001.
Please respond to my post. Here it is again:

"Racing Legends was cancelled in 2001?"

Old August 24th 05, 04:30 AM

Larry, Larry...

Old August 24th 05, 05:43 AM
redTed

> Again, RedTed.. You said that Racing Legends was cancelled in 2001.
> Please respond to my post. Here it is again:
>
> "Racing Legends was cancelled in 2001?"

I knew it wasn't going to happen in my gaming lifetime.
And if you have anything at all to do with the so called "project" I can
actually see why it would take forever.

Old August 24th 05, 07:58 AM
Gregor Veble

I don't want to sound arrogant, but before labeling people why don't you
do some research first. I wouldn't normally post stuff like this, but
the sim racing community is something I hold dear and, like many others,
I "miss the old days" of r.a.s. as well. It used to be a place of
interesting debates about what the name of the groups suggests, namely
simulating cars. You could also be sure that plenty of developers,
researchers etc. read the newsgroup in those days, something I currently
find increasingly unlikely.

It's quite apparent you were not a part of r.a.s. at that point, or
you'd know that, unlike your suggestion that I did absolutely nothing
for the community, I helped quite a few independent and not so
independent developers with little tidbits of the limited knowledge I
have. I won't be saying any names, Google it up if you're really
interested. If this sounds pretentious, be it so; it's still much more
true than anything I've seen you post on this newsgroup.

-Gregor

Old August 24th 05, 09:19 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Good Lord!
Someone has too much spare time on their hands!

BK

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> It's story time, boys and girls!!........... SNIP! (Major surgery

undertaken to delete the rest of the saga!)

Old August 24th 05, 12:56 PM
Remco Moedt

On 23 Aug 2005 15:19:36 -0700,
wrote:

>Please tell me you're joking, Remco.

Well, I don't know Timmy as well as you do, but that's all I've ever
seen from him....

Cheers!

Remco