EA strikes again

Old December 14th 04, 09:21 PM
Mark Davison

"JTS" > wrote in message

> "Mark Davison" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>>> Money makes the world go 'round - so much that people get quite
>>> giddy.
>>>
>>> And when the ******s make money from this, they go out to the shops
>>> spend their money and find a bunch of worthless items all manufactered
>>> by
>>> ****en idiots just like themselves! What goes
>>> around....................
>>>
>>> Very few make it mean much to be human. The human race is extremely
>>> over
>>> rated!

>> As a statement from someone who will kill any of their own childeren for
>> being homosexual, "The human race is extremely over rated!" is
>> interesting.
>>
>> I must admit, however, I was not aware that our species was up for any
>> kind of performance review. I missed that memo.

> We are. Read the bible.

Read parts back when I was at my Church of England school. Doesn't work for
me, I'm afraid.

The whole "love thy neighbour" bit is admirable but I think I'll stick with
being an atheist.

We're born, we live a life, we die then rot.

Happy travels - there's no eternity in paradise. Live for now.

Regards,

Old December 14th 04, 10:16 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:57:23 -0500, JTS wrote:

> We are. Read the bible.

No, that's too young a title, I'm afraid. The bible was written when
things were already going to hell in a handbasket.

Read "Ishmael" by Dan Quinn.

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old December 14th 04, 11:39 PM
JP

Indy > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sport...ory?id=1945691
>
> EA ruined NASCAR racing by getting exclusive rights, now they're going
> to do the same to football. What kills me is that these corporations
> (NASCAR, NFL, PGA, FIFA, ....) let this happen. I know, it's all about
> money, and obviously EA has enough to kill their competition, even if
> they make an inferior product.
>
> I'm done with EA.

<laughter>

I'm sure they're heartbroken.

And I guess you must have the current Nascar release two months ahead of
anyone else ?

Old December 15th 04, 12:59 AM
Steve Blankenship

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:57:12 +1100, Byron Forbes wrote:
> > >
> > > Very few make it mean much to be human. The human race is

extremely
> over
> > > rated!
> > >

> > don't call "us" the human race, we're just one culture among many. A
> > dominant culture to be sure, but surely not long-lived. (what's 10,000
> > years of taker culture compared two 2 *million* years of human
> > existence?) .
> >

> The only sure thing is that the present bunch of human **** on this
> planet clearly have many IQ overlaps with many other species!

Byron, I'd like to take this opportunity to unilaterally bestow upon you the
coveted John Simmons Humanitarian Award.

A strange but wonderful award, it looks like a cross between a Cup Car and a
Cruise Missile. Use it wisely... ;-)

Old December 15th 04, 01:06 PM
Jochen Heistermann

"Indy" > wrote in message oups.com...
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sport...ory?id=1945691
>
> EA ruined NASCAR racing by getting exclusive rights, now they're going
> to do the same to football.

Since Madden is from EA, it does not matter.

A more serious matter is that Sony owns the Formula 1 rights and does not publish
for the PC. There are not much useful mods out for GP4, so PC owners have a tough
time.

Jochen

Old December 15th 04, 03:29 PM
Plowboy2

There is a f#cking problem with this licensing... Can someone tell me why
Coke, Ford, or others Pays through the nose to have thier cars or products
in a movie, yet game writers have to pay them to have thier products put
"xactly" like they were when Coke, Ford, or others paid through the nose for
us to see the race we are "emulating", on our tv???

seems f#cking ludicrous to me.

Jochen Heistermann enlightened us with:

Old December 15th 04, 03:53 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mark Davison" > wrote in message

> Read parts back when I was at my Church of England school. Doesn't work

for
> me, I'm afraid.

No. Sacrificing myself to dagos and doing nothing about it wasn't
anything I'd buy into either.

> The whole "love thy neighbour" bit is admirable but I think I'll stick

with
> being an atheist.
>
> We're born, we live a life, we die then rot.

Is that right? It seems some mentally rot before their body does my mere
mortal friend!

> Happy travels - there's no eternity in paradise. Live for now.

More mere mortal dribble.

Old December 15th 04, 04:32 PM
Byron Forbes

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> There is a f#cking problem with this licensing... Can someone tell me why
> Coke, Ford, or others Pays through the nose to have thier cars or products
> in a movie, yet game writers have to pay them to have thier products put
> "xactly" like they were when Coke, Ford, or others paid through the nose

for
> us to see the race we are "emulating", on our tv???
>
> seems f#cking ludicrous to me.

Welcome to the corrupt planet earth - this is all about legal ****wits
and NASCAR, F1, etc ****wits making a fortune, nothing else. All so we pay
double for our sims for no reason other than to make a bunch of cocksuckers
richer.

Old December 15th 04, 10:03 PM
btgoss

Plowboy2 wrote:
> There is a f#cking problem with this licensing... Can someone tell me why
> Coke, Ford, or others Pays through the nose to have thier cars or products
> in a movie, yet game writers have to pay them to have thier products put
> "xactly" like they were when Coke, Ford, or others paid through the nose for
> us to see the race we are "emulating", on our tv???

The main reason you don't see this type of licensing is money. With the
exception of Halo 2 and maybe the GTA series. No game has made
"Hollywood" type of money yet. So your not going to see too many of
those types of deals. It might happen, but I don't think we will see
anything like that in the sim racing niche. Unless you count the ad
space Ratbag sold in the DTR games. (At least I think they did.)

btgoss
Old December 15th 04, 10:58 PM
Plowboy2

Untapped resource if you aks me... I would think My employer would love to
have thier image and imaginary signage at Daytona's trackside, say if the
sim sold enough copies to warrant the exposure.

To hell with them, i say, I personally liked the rwallace#2 car graffix that
Papy shipped the NR series with, better than the original... IMHO
especially with the uncanny abilities of most of the paint and cars that
were readily available for download... lst time I checked my nr03 folder
was over 1 gig in size, most of that was mods and car downloads (bloated
friggin car downloads IMHO) of fellow racers... I downloaded the 1st
release of the "actual" Cup cars, from a site that I am positively sorry I
cant remember (to give them credit for awesome work) that was all... when I
run the game, Im online, PERIOD. Hardly never saw the licenced cars,
because I even downloaded the online generic replacement paint, which was
awesome...

I dont give a crap if you called the tracks "Big Oval 1" through "Mini Oval
Flat" for each track Dega to Martyville.

btgoss enlightened us with: