classic cars for weddings??

Old October 24th 03, 01:23 AM
Grumpy au Contraire

William Davies wrote:

> Grumpy au Contraire > wrote in message
> >
> > "Classic" in the real sense represents a period of manufacture generally
> > accepted from 1925 to 1947. I didn't make these rules, but a qualified
> > body did and it is accepted universally.

> I am intrigued by this "Qualified body" which has managed to end the long
> running debate on what is, and what isn't a classic car. Can you point me to
> where I can access the document which lays down this definition?
> Thank you,
> Bill Davies.

Such has already been presented twice in this thread. Now you can
finish your own research...

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4
Old October 24th 03, 01:26 AM
Grumpy au Contraire

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

> Grumpy au Contraire wrote:
> >
> > "Classic" in the real sense represents a period of manufacture generally
> > accepted from 1925 to 1947. I didn't make these rules, but a qualified
> > body did and it is accepted universally.

> So a pivate collector's club makes up entry conditions and you regard those as
> rules made by a qualified body? That definition is certainly NOT universally
> accepted.
>
> In my opinion, anyone who argues that a '65 GTO is *not* a classic has a bad
> case of rectal vision.
>
> George Patterson
> You can dress a hog in a tuxedo, but he still wants to roll in the mud.

You can call it anything you want. But "Milestone" would be a more
accurate description...

Old October 24th 03, 09:59 AM
William Davies

Grumpy au Contraire > wrote in message

> Such has already been presented twice in this thread. Now you can
> finish your own research...

Now I know that you're talking about American definitions I have no interest
whatsoever,
Cheers,
Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232
Calne
Wiltshire
SN11 8WA
United Kingdom
http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk

Old October 24th 03, 07:17 PM
Dave Plowman

In article >,
William Davies > wrote:
> > Such has already been presented twice in this thread. Now you can
> > finish your own research...

> Now I know that you're talking about American definitions I have no
> interest whatsoever,

Absolutely. 'Classic' and 'American' car just don't sit well together.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Old October 24th 03, 08:39 PM
Dan Drake

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:17:58 +0100, Dave Plowman
> wrote:

> Absolutely. 'Classic' and 'American' car just don't sit well together.

That hook's *way* too shiny. Try disguising it with a little bait.
--
Dan Drake
Old October 25th 03, 01:08 AM
Dave Plowman

In article >,
Dan Drake > wrote:
> > Absolutely. 'Classic' and 'American' car just don't sit well together.

> That hook's *way* too shiny. Try disguising it with a little bait.

Don't be silly. It's for the merkins.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Old October 25th 03, 02:17 AM
Dan Drake

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:08:06 +0100, Dave Plowman
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Dan Drake > wrote:
>> > Absolutely. 'Classic' and 'American' car just don't sit well together.

>> That hook's *way* too shiny. Try disguising it with a little bait.

>Don't be silly. It's for the merkins.

It's too shiny, even for most of them.

And, to be fair, I've seen more than a few of *them* drop similar
shiny unbaited hooks on the right-hand side of the pond and finish up
with some fine River Itchen specimens flopping and gasping on the
riverbank.

The problem with arguing Brit vs. US 'classics' in this environment is
that the Brits generally aren't prepared to be objective in the
discussion. It's sad, but true, if you see what I mean.
--
Dan Drake
Old October 25th 03, 10:01 AM
Dave Plowman

In article >,
Dan Drake > wrote:
> The problem with arguing Brit vs. US 'classics' in this environment is
> that the Brits generally aren't prepared to be objective in the
> discussion. It's sad, but true, if you see what I mean.

No one is *ever* objective over classics. If they were, they wouldn't own
one.

--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Old October 25th 03, 03:05 PM
Andreas Tovornik

Dave Plowman ) writes:
> In article >,
> William Davies > wrote:
>> > Such has already been presented twice in this thread. Now you can
>> > finish your own research...

>> Now I know that you're talking about American definitions I have no
>> interest whatsoever,

> Absolutely. 'Classic' and 'American' car just don't sit well together.

What else would one call Packards, Pierce Arrows, Deusenbergs,
Cords, Auburns, Lincolns, Marmons, and Cadillacs of the 1930's?

I wouldn't put them in a less worthy category than Bentleys,
Morgans, Astons, or Rollers of the same time period...

--
'dreas...tbtw#5 'They say for centuries lovely Japanese girls
Victoria Taxi#15 have been trained in the art of pleasin' men.
Old October 25th 03, 03:58 PM
R. N. Robinson

"Dave Plowman" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Dan Drake > wrote:
> > The problem with arguing Brit vs. US 'classics' in this environment is
> > that the Brits generally aren't prepared to be objective in the
> > discussion. It's sad, but true, if you see what I mean.

> No one is *ever* objective over classics. If they were, they wouldn't own
> one.

Very true, O Wise One

Ron Robinson