Gulity until proven innocent... if you aren't doing anything wrong...

Old April 16th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Gulity until proven innocent... if you aren't doing anything wrong...

Another story for those who have no problem with the lack of due process
that comes with driving a motor vehicle.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1703.asp
Texas: Man Wrongly Accused by Red Light Camera
A Dallas, Texas red light camera accuses the owner of a white car of
committing an offense in a black sedan.

Acura 3.2 TLA Texas resident is fighting a photo ticket he received for
an offense he did not commit. Last month, a Dallas red light camera
accused Richard Gregory of running a red light in a black Acura 3.2 TL at
7:15 in the morning. At the time, Gregory was at his home in League City,
located outside of Houston, 265 miles away from Dallas.

Gregory drives a white Chrysler and does not own an Acura
<...>

Old April 17th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
that the Apocalypse is upon us, someone calling themself Brent P said
this in rec.autos.driving:

> Another story for those who have no problem with the lack of due process
> that comes with driving a motor vehicle.
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1703.asp
> Texas: Man Wrongly Accused by Red Light Camera
> A Dallas, Texas red light camera accuses the owner of a white car of
> committing an offense in a black sedan.
>
> Acura 3.2 TLA Texas resident is fighting a photo ticket he received for
> an offense he did not commit. Last month, a Dallas red light camera
> accused Richard Gregory of running a red light in a black Acura 3.2 TL at
> 7:15 in the morning. At the time, Gregory was at his home in League City,
> located outside of Houston, 265 miles away from Dallas.
>
> Gregory drives a white Chrysler and does not own an Acura
> <...>

Must be a black Acura 3.2 TLA out there with a license tag one (or maybe
even two) digits different from the victim's plate and the droid who
reads the tags on the images made a bit of a mistake.

--
necromancer

Criminal Coddler. And Proud of it, Man!!