Batwing stering wheels

Old December 17th 04, 02:32 AM
jjs

Default Batwing stering wheels

Anyone got a pointer to new or reprocution bat wing steering wheels?

Old December 17th 04, 03:09 AM
Ben Boyle

I don't, but if anybody would know, it would be John Henry. Track him down and ask him what's up!

Old December 17th 04, 03:19 AM
Kafertoys

>I don't, but if anybody would know, it would be John Henry. Track him down
>and ask him what's up!

http://www.thebugshop.org/

Mario

Old December 17th 04, 03:19 AM
Vw67lives

>Anyone got a pointer to new or reprocution bat wing steering wheels?
>
>www.kochs.com. Koch's specializes in restored steering wheels and they sell a

restored "batwing" steering wheel,correct for 52-55 VW. Price? $450.(The
perfect Christmas gift!) Fred67bug

Old December 17th 04, 03:23 AM
Ben Boyle

I cannot recommend Koch's service. I had my '74s wheel done once and it cracked in a very short time. They redid it
again and the same result occurred. Now that the aftermarket is starting to reproduce the steering wheels, they will
hopefully eventually cover all the years they were sold here. The Koch's process is flawed IMO and is not worth the
money. Thank god I only paid $125 and not $450.

Old December 17th 04, 04:06 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: kafertoys

>>I don't, but if anybody would know, it would be John Henry. Track him down
>>and ask him what's up!

>http://www.thebugshop.org/
>

>Mario

http://www.zarwerks.com/

-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old December 17th 04, 02:47 PM
jjs

"Vw67lives" > wrote in message
> >Anyone got a pointer to new or reprocution bat wing steering wheels?
>>

>www.kochs.com. Koch's specializes in restored steering wheels and they
>sell a
> restored "batwing" steering wheel,correct for 52-55 VW. Price? $450.(The
> perfect Christmas gift!) Fred67bug

Does their work hold up, or is it for trailer-queens only?

Old December 17th 04, 02:54 PM
Ben Boyle

Here's what I'm saying. The first time my wheel began to crack was while the car was still being restored. We are
talking about 2 weeks and maybe 20 miles of driving. I had actually had the wheel back about 3 months prior to this so
it's not like it wasn't cured or something. IMO their work isn't even trailer queen worthy because it appears it will
crack with no use.
Maybe it is possible to restore a steering wheel and make it last, but I don't believe that Koch's are the ones who can
do it.

Old December 18th 04, 12:22 AM
jjs

Thanks to everyone who responded. It appears that a batwing wheel is among
the endangered species. I won't look any further.

Old December 18th 04, 12:53 AM
P.J.Berg

jjs wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who responded. It appears that a batwing wheel is
> among the endangered species. I won't look any further.

I have one in Felatio, and it should have the 56 and later, so if you are in
deare need.....

J.